Cyle Larin

shermanator

7 hours ago, Big_M said:

it wasnt proven to be illegal..besiktas actually paid orlando in the end..but yeah mls is probably not very excited for a possible return..the issue with larin is that hes too much of an up and down player..he scores difficult goals and misses wide open chances..in the end most clubs would get pissed off and say you know what there must be better options out there..a situation like besiktas his last couple seasons there where he plays mostly at wing and theres less pressure to score is the best thing for him

It's a clause MLS couldn't enforce because it's illegal. FIFA prohibits  MLS contract options done unilaterally, against the player's wish. MLS refuses (refused) to look legally contest players who seek to defy it to avoid exposing themselves. The payment is a recognition of a contractual relationship, it's often decided by a type of arbitration. We saw it we with Camilo and then Larin.

Spanish press is picking up the Paok rumour as well

https://www.estadiodeportivo.com/futbol/cadiz-cf/paok-enfrenta-cadiz-para-fichar-cyle-larin-20230118-411547.html

They say PAOK is offering to pick up the rest of this year and next year's full salary. 

I think Cadiz was just interested in this year.

Bruges, acc to reports, was considering accepting an offer to buy him, since they did not pay a transfer to get him, anything would be to their advantage.

PAOK has the advantage of playing European football; Cadiz, well the Liga, but also a risk of relegation.

14 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

It looks like Cadiz originally wanted to loan him, but paok wants to buy, so Cadiz and Valladolid had to revise their offers to actually purchase him. If Depay was bought for 3M this week, what is Larin worth? 500k?

Depay will be Netherlands all time scorer. Larin is canadas all time. The netherlands are 6 times better than canada. 

500k seems accurate. The math checks out on this. 

On 8/9/2021 at 6:53 PM, Ansem said:

Marseille made a €12M offer for Larin according to this. Marseille are going to Europa.

From less than a year and a half ago a lil context on how quickly things can change...

Wonder if Larin's camp had a mulligan how they might have replayed the story of the past ~5 years from MLS Rookie of the year onwards. 

While folks are waiting on the Larin-Cádiz story, I recommend you take a look at the recent controvery involving VAR during the last Cádiz match, a draw 1-1 at home to Almería. 

Almería scores late to tie it, in clear offside in the build-up; the lineswoman does not call offside during the play, but asks VAR to check. VAR ignores her and lets it go. Some are calling the biggest VAR screw-up since it was deployed in Spain.

The ref, Del Cerro Grande, ended up apologising to the Cádiz coach after the game. The entire club is up in arms, as it is 2 points lost in a critical race to avoid relegation.

Plenty of articles out there to check, the entire mess has dominated a lot of Cádiz press and club attention these days.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/var-shocker-cadiz-demand-final-9-minutes-la-liga-clash-elche-replayed-technology-misses-offside/bltdb25bbe9a7b187b3

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

14 minutes ago, Metro said:

Cadiz may be in La Liga but does their fan base create videos for their club’s transfer targets?

According to Greek articles, nothings been confirmed and PAOK are still very much in it fwiw.

There's a Cadiz fan video posted earlier on this thread; it's not very good, he just looks at Transfermarkt stats. 

Cádiz lost late to Sevilla today, 1-0, so they still need goals. They are not getting them and are desperate. 9 days left in the transfer window.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Good find @RS

Well I'm surprised, but as many say here, it is a good move too. I am not sure about being better than Cádiz (Cádiz being a far nicer place to be, especially in winter) but it's fine. Both teams are in virtually an identical situation, at the bottom of the table, few goals for and too many goals against. If he can help Cádiz he can help Valladolid (owned by Ronaldo, the Brazilian version).

In attack Valladolid has the Israeli Weissman, Sergio León is a seasoned attacker, but getting older, then Sergio Guardiola is also into his 30s and not scoring. So they need help, and perhaps are thinking they may replace the older guys this summer. 

Contract: the easy way is to pick up the salary, a loan. So I am not sure what major differences there would be in offers; he'd be paid his Bruges salary, which since it was said he was holding out for more than 2 million euros with Besiktas, I suppose is that or higher. Half a season left, a million euros.

So what else is there supposed to be of importance in the deal? I don't get how the differences in offers could be that great.