Cyle Larin

shermanator

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Not in the squad list again for tomorrow's league game v St. Truiden

Is he still injured from last week's Champions League game where someone mentioned on here that he was scratched before the game?

If so, does anyone know the extent of the injury?

Edited by Corazon

Fitness is one thing, mental sharpness and game.speed decision making is another.  That was lacking vs Uruguay, especially in the second half.

However, as mentioned, he's a  valuable poacher.  Maybe the Uruguay game provided him with the insight he needs to be mentally prepared for that opening match in spite of his club situation.

27 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

I can’t see starting him v Belgium in all honesty.   David between Tajon and Phonzie looks like a no brainer to me…

Gave you the like because yeah, Davies-David-Buchanan is clearly the way to go. 

But can I see him starting? Umm...yes, I can. Not saying I would start him, but Herdman has thrown curve balls in the past. He started Larin over David against Mexico and he scored 2 goals in arguably the biggest WCQ win in our history. He also started both games last window, though Tajon was still recovering so hard to conclude much from that. 

Put it this way, I want Davies-David-Buchanan to start, and if I were to bet I would say that's what we do. But can I see Herdman surprising us with Larin? Yes...I can. 

31 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Larin is listed as injured for today's game vs St Truiden

Great to get confirmation on this.

Like I said earlier, when I was watching the last match, he was name dropped amongst the other absentees, but they only really spoke about the extent of Noa Lang's injury, so I wasn't sure if they were listing all the injured players or if they were including healthy scratches. 

Now we know. 

It's somewhat good news he's not being left off because he's out of favor. At the same time, it's not good that he's injured this close to world cup. We are literally a month away from the start of the competition. 

Edited by Obinna

56 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm pretty sure Herdman already hinted in the last window that Larin will be a starter.

Buchanan will start in the spot Hoilett started at in the Qatar match

Not sure anything is set in stone because starting line ups are circumstantial.

If we put aside unforeseen fitness concerns, the starting line-up will probably be circumstantial for tactical reasons.

Herdman may have hinted that Larin is likely to start, but start all 3? I am not sure that is guaranteed. I am not even sure David will start all 3. The only players who will start every match are Davies, Eustaquio and Borjan - in my opinion.