Cyle Larin

shermanator

9 minutes ago, grigorio said:

Yikes it’s started already?

Just reading through the small game thread on reddit. I think most of it was before the goal though so hopefully that bought him some time and good grace.

Edited by frmr

2 hours ago, king1010 said:

Theyre still giving to him on twitter even after the goal. Saying he played like shit despite scoring

Reason I am not a Bruges fan either.

A mostly fake city, a little movie set, probably the most pretentious in Belgium. Nothing near Ghent which is authentically nice and as I see it, more beautiful. Should not be the strongest team in the country because the place does not justify them being so. Nice shirt and colours, will admit that. But the worst face of the Flemish, imo.

Anderlecht, now that is a team. Or Standard Liège.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

7 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Larins not gonna be popular anywhere he goes. He really is a very frustrating player when he's not scoring.

Besiktas fans hated him outside of his one amazing year (and even then it was more grudging respect than love).

orlando fans liked him his rookie season and then quickly lost patience with him. 

i have no idea what Zulte fans thought of him but this is why it was always crazy to me how many wanted Larin in the EPL. He would have been slaughtered

Edited by Floortom

I mean he's still not really loved by Canadian fans, not like others are.l despite being the highest scoring player for us ever. He has a bit of an off putting demeanor, isn't a very charismatic guy when it comes to interviews and his DUI doesn't do him any favours. Also when he's been poor for Canada he's been really poor.

Just now, VinceA said:

I mean he's still not really loved by Canadian fans, not like others are.l despite being the highest scoring player for us ever. He has a bit of an off putting demeanor, isn't a very charismatic guy when it comes to interviews and his DUI doesn't do him any favours. Also when he's been poor for Canada he's been really poor.

To be clear, I kinda love how awkward he is. It's in his personality and in his game ha. He looks terrified when he winds up with the ball outside of the final third and his technique is... unique to say the least. I don't know how he does it sometimes, but he finds a way to make it work.

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

Agreed on not very charismatic, but off putting demeanor?

I get it - he doesn’t really do the things fans get excited by unless he scores. Ya know stuff like hustle, beat guys on a dribble, pass, ambitious dangerous shot attempts. The fact a guy like Tajon rarely scores but does all these things gives him way more leeway (yes I know different positions). Holding the ball up well or making good runs doesn’t sell as well.  If Larin isn’t burying it regularly he’s a far too easy target. 

Edited by grigorio

I like Larin's edgy personality, but I agree with many here that he has to score to accompany that character. 

I also find it amazing that Larin and Laryea, who were childhood friends, get to take the field for Canada together at a World Cup. And they both have that chip on their shoulder and make little effort to be likeable.