Cyle Larin

shermanator

I’m starting to warm up to him moving to Olympiacos. It’s a league level where he should score plenty and they should at the very least advance to the playoff round of UCL qualifying. I’d also be happy if he ended up with one of the Dutch/Belgian UCL bound clubs but don’t think there’s ever been interest there. 

3 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

I’m starting to warm up to him moving to Olympiacos. It’s a league level where he should score plenty and they should at the very least advance to the playoff round of UCL qualifying. I’d also be happy if he ended up with one of the Dutch/Belgian UCL bound clubs but don’t think there’s ever been interest there. 

I assume that’s off since they signed Kamara

4 hours ago, Atlantic said:

Im actually hoping he decides to bet on himself and makes the jump to the EPL if the opportunity presents itself; if he doesn't do it now, then it never will happen. The way I see it, it can go two ways:

1) it doesn't workout, then he can always jump down a level to a team like say, Olympiacos, and in the end he really loses nothing (and gets paid in the process)

2) it does workout and he becomes yet another Canadian who proves that it is possible for Canadians to make it to the highest level of the sport and do well, and that there truly is a concrete pathway present for those who are willing to work hard for it.

Edited by LeoH037

14 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

i dont understand why people keep doubting Larin, the man has found success at every single level he has played at. Something tells me he will adapt to the EPL as well. He has the track record to suggest it.

Because the Premier League is the toughest league in the world and many players much better than Larin have failed to adapt to that league. Saying that because Larin eventually found success in Turkey means that he would be a success in England is a massive stretch.

41 minutes ago, frmr said:

Lots of sources saying this isn't happening, and that's not surprising. This move didn't make sense from the beginning and I would be very shocked if there were any truth to it.

Are you saying the Turkish sources who have never been right when it comes to him might be wrong?

Les rouges at Brugge? Club Rouges? Anything there?

Really good move. Step up from Turkey for a team he should play regularly for, champions league berth, gets to play with Tajon too. Laryea is rumoured for a transfer to a few places including Belgium, CB should really consider getting the band back together.

i know soccer rumours are 95% junk and we all get that but it’s funny that like 12 hours ago, Larin to NFFC was a done deal, pending medicals, yet this guy knew his new club long enough that he had a chance to fly there and do a photoshoot in their kit. Must’ve been funny for Larin to see that he was actually headed to Nottingham knowing he was gonna be intro’d by Brugge the next day, lol

Edited by InglewoodJack

Excited for his next chapter. 

Everywhere he has gone, he’s succeeded. Even through his struggles with the National team and at Besiktas, he’s always come out the other side achieving massive individual success.

Especially after his stint at Zulte Waregem, I think he’ll come out flying in the Belgian top-flight.