Cyle Larin

shermanator

Would be a shame if he arrived and Laryea left. They missed the boat together in Orlando, then Richie was linked to Besiktas but nothing came of it.

3rd time a charm maybe?

And after all the talk of Larin going to Greece, wouldn't it just be ironic if Larin ends up playing with Forest, in the EPL, and Richie is the one who ends up at Olympiacos?

It's a sister club of sorts and we have the rumour that Forest want to send him on loan for minutes...

Turkish reports claim Nottingham Forest are signing Cyle Larin
Lee Clarke nottinghamforest.news July 1, 2022

Nottingham Forest have agreed on a deal to sign Cyle Larin, according to Turkish reports Fanatik. The 27-year-old looks to be arriving casting doubts over whether or not Lewis Grabban will stay at the club.

The Canada international is a free agent after leaving Besiktas earlier this summer. Larin spent four years at Besiktas having arrived from Orlando City in 2018.

He did spend one of those years out on loan in Belgium with Zulte Waregem. During that period he scored nine goals and registered 11 assists from 33 appearances.

During 2021/22, Larin was in sound form for the Istanbul-based outfit. He scored eight goals from 38 appearances and was deemed a regular first-team player in the team.

He was unable to agree on a new contract with Besiktas. That has seen him available on a free transfer and with the World Cup looming, he will want to be in fine form.

The report claims that he’s now reached an agreement with Forest. It remains to be seen how true that is though and it will be interesting to see if it’s reported domestically.

If Larin does check in, he will be the second Canadian to sign in two transfer windows. Richie Laryea joined from Toronto FC in January and that should help Larin settle in.

Last season, the forward typically played on the left. He can, however, play as a centre-forward and is capable of leading the line on his own.

His record for the national team is phenomenal. In 50 outings for Canada, he’s found the net on 24 occasions and will be the country’s main man in Qatar this summer.

Forest have agreed Larin deal and he could be useful

Once again, another player looks to be coming to the club who can play in a number of positions. That is one of Steve Cooper’s mantras and it’s one that typically serves him well.

Larin will be eager to sample the Premier League. At 27, he might not get too many more opportunities and he’d be keen to grasp it with both hands.

Forest need attackers. They added Taiwo Awoniyi last month and a wave of new signings is expected to arrive on Trentside before the season starts.

Rumour rating: 6/10 – There is a bit to like about this deal, not least that Larin plays in a number of positions in the final third.

He will also have a point to prove going into the World Cup and that’s another aspect that bodes well.

The reason for the lower rating is that it comes from a Turkish report. As a result, we’re not sure whether this one requires a pinch of salt for now.

If Larin, does join, however, it’s a signing that should please plenty of supporters.

Last minute Beşiktaş transfer news! Cyle Larin signs with Nottingham
Cyle Larin, whose contract with Beşiktaş had expired and who did not like the annual fee in the negotiations to renew, made an agreement with Nottingham Forest, who returned to the English Premier League after 23 years.
July 1, 2022

Cyle Larin , who got along well with Aboubakar in the 2020-2021 season, when Beşiktaş was the champion, and scored 19 goals despite playing on the left wing, could not catch the same line after his Colombian partner left. The Canadian player, who shook the nets 7 times in the league last season, did not accept the offer of 1,750 million Euros offered by the club to renew the contract and insisted on 2.5 million Euros. It was learned that the 27-year-old player, who Beşiktaş parted ways with, reached an agreement with Nottingham Forest , who returned to the English Premier League after 23 years .

Glad I got Fubo - will be able to watch Larin this season in EPL.  No idea how successful they will be in attack since they may take a defence-first philosophy into the season, but competing against EPL defenders should ensure he is sharp as hell in November.   And even if they do focus on not conceding he may have a strong role in pressing - which would also get him tuned up for Qatar.   

18 hours ago, frmr said:

Wow I will be shocked if this move happens. Will certainly be interesting to see how he does in the EPL if it's legit. I have my reservations that he can succeed in that league, but anything can happen.

i dont understand why people keep doubting Larin, the man has found success at every single level he has played at. Something tells me he will adapt to the EPL as well. He has the track record to suggest it.

Edited by LeoH037

He may not get many goals. Most newly promoted teams aren't overly offensive. Junior hasn't scored more than 3 goals a season in his 3 most recent Premier League seasons.

However, with the current roster I don't think he will struggle for minutes. I expect they will still sign some more players, but they lost alot since their promotion playoff games. Lowe and Spence, who are the only ones we focused on, are both gone. Zinckernagel, Garner, and Davis all started the final, were loan players that have returned to their clubs.

With his versatility he can play in multiple positions and according to transfermarkt he would be their 4th most valuable player.

I also hope the manager actually scouted him and watched some Canada games to get a few good looks at Laryea.