Cyle Larin

shermanator

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

Is the Fiore rumour really a rumour, or is it just saying that Larin is too expensive? Any time I see the club mentioned it’s always in the context of they’re unwilling to pay Larin’s salary.

Two million for a striker is not too high for la Fiore, a mid to high level Serie A team. 

Added to the fact they would not be paying a transfer. Free transfer, higher salary and signing bonus as well. 

34 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Two million for a striker is not too high for la Fiore, a mid to high level Serie A team. 

Added to the fact they would not be paying a transfer. Free transfer, higher salary and signing bonus as well. 

No, I mean every single Larin to Fiore rumour says they met and didn’t want to pay his requested salary. Whether or not they can afford it isn’t the question, it’s what they are willing to pay Larin, and I’ve heard nothing about them getting any closer on a fee agreement, so it seems all this rumour is is saying that the club met him, it didn’t work out, so that’s that

59 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

No, I mean every single Larin to Fiore rumour says they met and didn’t want to pay his requested salary. Whether or not they can afford it isn’t the question, it’s what they are willing to pay Larin, and I’ve heard nothing about them getting any closer on a fee agreement, so it seems all this rumour is is saying that the club met him, it didn’t work out, so that’s that

I saw some of those previously, now they seem to be picking up again. 

As he's a free agent and the transfer period is fairly long, it could continue for a while. Also because he's with the Canada camp nothing will happen that fast.

I think by the end of the month we may get something just because everyone is starting early this year, seasons are pushed forwards, to get seasons and European competition well underway before the World Cup. 

6 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Nottingham on paper looks like a great landing spot (EPL, Laryea) but in all honesty how many goals do we expect Forest to score next year? We don’t need Cyle to be the Josh Sargeant of Canada now do we 

Brentford has done ok and their striker Ivan Toney scored 12 goals in his 1st EPL season. Sargent  couldn't score in Germany either and is basically a "defensive forward" who works his butt off but does very little else. Check out his stats in B1

i don’t know what Brentford’s roster situation looks like for next season, but they’re a team that is savvy with their player recruitment. It wouldn’t surprise me if they suspect that due to his international performances, Larin is undervalued on the market and could provide a similar contribution to other options at a far lower cost. They can then either flip him up if he exceeds expectations, or flip him down or out of England if necessary, because he’s a proven talent, there will be a market for him for years to come.

40 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

i don’t know what Brentford’s roster situation looks like for next season, but they’re a team that is savvy with their player recruitment. It wouldn’t surprise me if they suspect that due to his international performances, Larin is undervalued on the market and could provide a similar contribution to other options at a far lower cost. They can then either flip him up if he exceeds expectations, or flip him down or out of England if necessary, because he’s a proven talent, there will be a market for him for years to come.

Brentford is not a bad choice 

As cool as it would be to play in the EPL with Richie, I think Fiorentina is the bettee move. Closer to Europe while being in a top 5 league, maybe an outside chance at winning a domestic cup. With Forest it's going to be fighting for survival, potentially being starved for service, which is not really ideal (though I prefer it to remaining in Turkey).

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

As cool as it would be to play in the EPL with Richie, I think Fiorentina is the bettee move. Closer to Europe while being in a top 5 league, maybe an outside chance at winning a domestic cup. With Forest it's going to be fighting for survival, potentially being starved for service, which is not really ideal (though I prefer it to remaining in Turkey).

So you're saying you want him to team up with Ikone?

34 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Best landing spots for Larin especially if he were to end up in Italy playing in Serie A are Inter, AC Milan or Roma under Mourinho

Larin isnt good enough for inter or ac. Why would that be his best landing spot?

Fiorentina he would actually have a chance to see the pitch. 

On 5/27/2022 at 7:51 PM, Vasi said:

https://www.novosti.rs/amp/sport/fudbal/1120831/crvena-zvezda-besiktas-milan-borjan-kanada-mls-orlando-fudbalski-transferi-najnovije-vesti-higlights

Looks like Red Star is targeting Larin.

They have a playoff with Copenhagen to directly get in to Champions League. 

Considering that he has no other offers and Besiktas is not playing in Europe this might not be a bad move. 

If the article is not translated you can do it the browser 

Larin is not going to take a pay cut and play at Red Star. He'd be better taking the DP deal and going to MLS.

33 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Larin isnt good enough for inter or ac. Why would that be his best landing spot?

Fiorentina he would actually have a chance to see the pitch. 

Why because under Inter or AC he would be playing for a top team in Italy and he would be in the Champions League regularly and he would be competing for league titles consistently too in Serie A