Cyle Larin

shermanator

On 4/14/2022 at 2:14 PM, masster said:

Given that Larin has also played out wide for Besiktas, perhaps Fiorentina are looking at him as someone who could play anywhere along the front 3...but I don't think so. He isn't the type of player that Italiano seems to favour in those positions. They already spent big money (by Fiorentina standards) this season on Nico Gonzalez and Jonathan Ikone, and have Sottil, Callejon and Saponara as cover for those positions. Larin's versatility may come in handy, but I doubt that is the reason he is being rumored.

https://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/amp/serie-a/dalla-turchia-larin-non-rinnova-col-besiktas-la-fiorentina-e-pronta-ad-approfittarne-1670267

I personally tend to agree with you, but some rumours stating exactly that, cover out wide. Or at least they want to “update” the wings, while expecting Callejon to leave.

16 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Larin in MLS...I feel he deserves much better than that personally. He should be playing in a top league like Serie A or Premier League or Bundesliga or French Ligue 1 or La Liga in Spain.

He's 27. He has to land the big money deal now. If he joins a club from one of those leagues, it probably won't be for much more than he is making now. 

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, canuckgbp said:

Maybe in 3-4 years. 

Doubt it, the time for him to get paid handsomely is now. 

2 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

Didn't Larin burn a lot of his bridges when he left MLS?

He's a professional athlete and one of the best strikers in CONCACAF, he can "burn" all the bridges he wants to. The offers will still come in.

Edited by Macksam

2 hours ago, Macksam said:

He's 27. He has to land the big money deal now. If he joins a club from one of those leagues, it probably won't be for much more than he is making now. 

He will land in a higher level, no way there’s not a single top 6-7 league team that won’t sign him for 2M per season on a free. That’s and easy one.

guy was one of the best scorers last season and a top scorer in qualifying.

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He burned them in a joke team called Orlando… who literally refused to pay him properly.

Even that team has completely changed since he left, from the ownership down.

If/when he rejoins MLS, I could see him doing a hero’s return in Orlando. I don’t see it happening until 2025 at the earliest though.

4 hours ago, frmr said:

I think you’ll find you’re probably close to the only person on this board who would agree.

Nah, I might share his opinion. Although, maybe it’s his agent at that time who suffers the biggest consequences.

I don’t blame them, as MLS’s contract terms were unenforceable, but I can’t see the league being too pleased about it either. 

Genuinely surprised if he’s back. 

1 hour ago, ag futbol said:

Nah, I might share his opinion. Although, maybe it’s his agent at that time who suffers the biggest consequences.

I don’t blame them, as MLS’s contract terms were unenforceable, but I can’t see the league being too pleased about it either. 

Genuinely surprised if he’s back. 

Let's get our best players playing in MLS. Great plan guys.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:25 PM, frmr said:

Let's get our best players playing in MLS. Great plan guys.

Sorry, I didn’t follow the chain correctly. I was meaning to respond to those debating whether the way Larin left MLS  before would impact his ability to return. 

Not sure if he’ll find better money elsewhere but I would agree with you that it would be better football wise if he continued on in Europe.

5 hours ago, ag futbol said:

Sorry, I didn’t follow the chain correctly. I was meaning to respond to those debating whether the way Larin left MLS  before would impact his ability to return. 

Not sure if he’ll find better money elsewhere but I would agree with you that it would be better football wise if he continued on in Europe.

As I see it, since his contract was with MLS, and he forced his way out by exposing contract conditions contrary to FIFA rules, he would not likely go back. In any terms.

It is incorrect to solely blame Orlando, though they probably should have offered him a contract extension with higher salary, as a matter of principle.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, narduch said:

Might re-sign with Besiktas. Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Yeah he may as well stay there but if he continues to score goals for Besiktas, then that is where the offers will start to come in again 

On 5/5/2022 at 7:51 PM, narduch said:

Might re-sign with Besiktas. Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

What I don't like is that if you are holding out, and your attitude of thinking you can do better goes along with poor performances and less offers, then when you get into a corner you start to think: well maybe I will take that offer after all. 

But Besiktas would be perfectly justified to drop the offer by 20-30% because it seems he is not worth any more. And if he has no offers, he has no bargaining chips. 

Not pleased by how Cyle played this, but since he is not the only problem at a club that will miss Europe altogether after winning the league, I realise they may not focus their ire on him alone.