Cyle Larin

shermanator

Like Laryea, I think Larin knows that this is his last major opportunity at a Top 5 move. He'll be 27 at next transfer window and unless he signs a short-term deal, he'll be in his 30s next time his contract is up. Sure he good move at 29-31, but it likely wouldn't be the same calibre of team he could move to this year.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:01 PM, CanadaFan123 said:

Looking at Al Nassr's roster they have some pedigree. ~10 current Saudi National team players, former Besiktas players Talisca and Aboubakar, Urguayan international Jonathan Rodriguez, Argentina defender Funes Mori. 

For 5M that can't be easy to turn down. But then again his young daughters would have to grow up in Saudi Arabia... 

My parents lived in Saudi Arabia for a few years when I was in my teens. At the time, foreign kids above the age of 12 or so had to leave the country for school. I spent a few months of holidays in Jeddah. Larin made the right decision from a personal and footballing perspective, IMO.

Besiktas win once again, but Larin still kept off the scoresheet. 

Batshuayi converted a pen for the 3 points. I would like Larin taking responsibility for those, but the team won at the end of the day, which is a good sign.

The more wins they get, the better they play, the more chances Larin will have to find the goal.

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Besiktas win once again, but Larin still kept off the scoresheet. 

Batshuayi converted a pen for the 3 points. I would like Larin taking responsibility for those, but the team won at the end of the day, which is a good sign.

The more wins they get, the better they play, the more chances Larin will have to find the goal.

Michy is the striker and the more "established" name so I doubt Cyle is ever getting PK duties ahead of him.

18 minutes ago, Matro25 said:

Michy is the striker and the more "established" name so I doubt Cyle is ever getting PK duties ahead of him.

This is true. 

Larin never took many PKs last year either, but he was still able to finish the season with 19 goals. 

The whole team is having a down year though, and Larin has been stuck on 6 league goals for a while now.

I want him to pad those stats anyway he can :) 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, LeoH037 said:

2 goals against both the USA and Mexico in World Cup Qualifying... still can't believe some actually doubted this man's ability at a point in time not too far back... are we sure that El Salvador is not just a fragment of our imagination?

Well we do play them on Wednesday on the road 

7 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

It wasn't just the goal. I thought he did some excellent defensive work today.

For set pieces you mean, because his teamwork is not a strong parcel of his game ,  the guy is a fox in the box.  He is like John Aldridge.  David went deep at some point to play as a playmaker, to get the ball played some nice passes.  Then Hoilett played that role too.  I rate Larín, but he lives for "the last pass till the end of the net"  it is his food.