Cyle Larin

shermanator

3 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Lille would be a great spot. Ikone is gone, Yilmaz has deteriorated rapidly, Weah is always injured.....It's a good level for Larin (i fear sevilla and EPL are too high a level for him) and he would get to play with David until the summer transfer window

Edited by Floortom

1 hour ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

It's true Sevilla is trying to improve their striking. Even though being 2nd in La Liga and a game in hand would suggest they are alright, they are missing goals, as are basically all the teams in the league not named Real Madrid.

They've been looking at Januzaj, at Real Sociedad, who is a similar kind of player, 2nd striker. They've been looking at Martial for years. There are rumours about Corona, the Mexican in Portugal.

Sevilla strikers are not producing much, they get goals from mids, and Lamela and Suso are injured. Then they lose two strikers, Munir and En-Nesyri for Africa Cup. Today they played with one veteran on his way out, Papu Gómez, and a kid from the 2nd team, Romero, 20 years old.

So they are doing very well without a premium striker scoring consistently. They have too many filler players up front and need to get someone fully reliable who can carry more of the load.

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It's true Sevilla is trying to improve their striking. Even though being 2nd in La Liga and a game in hand would suggest they are alright, they are missing goals, as are basically all the teams in the league not named Real Madrid.

They've been looking at Januzaj, at Real Sociedad, who is a similar kind of player, 2nd striker. They've been looking at Martial for years. There are rumours about Corona, the Mexican in Portugal.

Sevilla strikers are not producing much, they get goals from mids, and Lamela and Suso are injured. Then they lose two strikers, Munir and En-Nesyri for Africa Cup. Today they played with one veteran on his way out, Papu Gómez, and a kid from the 2nd team, Romero, 20 years old.

So they are doing very well without a premium striker scoring consistently. They have too many filler players up front and need to get someone fully reliable who can carry more of the load.

What do you think Larin's chances of playing and succeeding are at Sevilla? I haven't been following La Liga too closely (which is a damn shame as the games are on TSN), but somehow I get the impression he'd play more in Andalusia than at Everton or West Ham, clubs of similar stature which he's been linked to. I haven't been watching much of the Premier League either, so this impression of mine is not informed, hence I am interested to get your take here. 

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

What do you think Larin's chances of playing and succeeding are at Sevilla? I haven't been following La Liga too closely (which is a damn shame as the games are on TSN), but somehow I get the impression he'd play more in Andalusia than at Everton or West Ham, clubs of similar stature which he's been linked to. I haven't been watching much of the Premier League either, so this impression of mine is not informed, hence I am interested to get your take here. 

At Sevilla, first, of all, no one is expected to score 15 in a season. It could happen, but goals tend to get shared around. Maybe the best recently have been Kanoute, Luis Fabiano. Mids score a lot. Players rotate a fair bit. I don't think Larin would be terribly pressured if he wasn't delivering at a high rate. 

They also have the money to spend, they could meet a 12-14 million euro price. 

If you have seen them in Europa League, you realise they usually compete well, mostly because the entire team is tough and they have few loose ends. In CL this year, in contrast, they were missing pieces.

Folks should remember that probably the best player recruiter in Europe, and probably the world, is at Sevilla, Monchi (Ramón Rodríguez). He's the sports director; most in Spain recognise him as a genius at his job. I think he's been basically the best  for maybe 15 years, IMO his stint at Roma was too short to make a difference. So he really knows his players, and has a knack for finding value and selling up. But they do tend to rotate a bit much, being more of a selling club; and they do tend to have rosters a bit too big, as they are taking on guys to see how they compete amongst themselves.

Sevilla, this year, probably has the goal of making CL for next year. If they win the league or anything at all, they'll be surprised. I think it'd be a relatively lower pressure experience for him.

Sevilla is an intriguing possibility. But at this point, at his age, anything less than the Premier League would probably feel like a disappointment. I don't know if he has what it takes to be great at that level, but I mean, the Ayew brothers somehow managed to fake it for how many years? And I am confident he is a far superior footballer to either of them. To say the least about some of the scrubs who manage to make a go of it at that level, somehow.

18 minutes ago, Wingback6 said:

Sevilla is an intriguing possibility. But at this point, at his age, anything less than the Premier League would probably feel like a disappointment. I don't know if he has what it takes to be great at that level, but I mean, the Ayew brothers somehow managed to fake it for how many years? And I am confident he is a far superior footballer to either of them. To say the least about some of the scrubs who manage to make a go of it at that level, somehow.

I love Larin but I wouldn't say he's far better than the Ayew brothers. In fact, I would say he's in that ballpark. Of course, that means he should be able to find a home in the bottom half of the Premier League and be relatively productive, maybe dropping down to the Championship and scoring tons of goals on occassion. 

21 minutes ago, Wingback6 said:

That's why you go to La Liga, which is something more than the Premier League. 

Looking at Al Nassr's roster they have some pedigree. ~10 current Saudi National team players, former Besiktas players Talisca and Aboubakar, Urguayan international Jonathan Rodriguez, Argentina defender Funes Mori. 

For 5M that can't be easy to turn down. But then again his young daughters would have to grow up in Saudi Arabia... 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was just about to post it. What's interesting: so many RTs, comments, likes. 

I don’t really pay attention to twitter but Fabrizio is the top insider guy I think, any post he makes gets tons of attention. I noticed him tweeting a lot about TFC and the CMNT recently which is cool.