Cyle Larin

shermanator

Great run from Larin starting at the top of the box.  Nice flick on by his team mate and a calm finish.  Won’t be credited with the goal but in all other ways should be credited with the finish.  The deflection is so slight that you can’t even see it from this angle.

Edited by Corazon

That tweet was right after the goal, they made the same error the rest of us did.

What matters is what is in the ref's official report.

I think Mallorca will feel they all played poor to mediocre, but at least Larin was there to make that play and get it close today. I had to hold myself in being in the midst of Espanyol supporters cursing their luck.

14 hours ago, Corazon said:

Great run from Larin starting at the top of the box.  Nice flick on by his team mate and a calm finish.  Won’t be credited with the goal but in all other ways should be credited with the finish.  The deflection is so slight that you can’t even see it from this angle.

The angle from 0:33 in that clip makes it look like the ball wsn't going on net before the deflection. Can't definitively say if it was off of the defender or his teammate, but it did seem to take a significant deflection almost immediately.

22 minutes ago, Kent said:

The angle from 0:33 in that clip makes it look like the ball wsn't going on net before the deflection. Can't definitively say if it was off of the defender or his teammate, but it did seem to take a significant deflection almost immediately.

yup it wasnt on target...his teammate put it in

image.png.f24bee4464e7e4c99c91f3eddecec597.png

35 minutes ago, Kent said:

The original tweet I had up only showed the first angle and was removed in Twitter.  I reposted the new link with multiple angles and I definitely agree.  I see it very clearly now.

It went off Raillo's butt when he was turned the other way. 

I was in 2nd tier above that corner and didn't see it clearly.

Honestly, as I age, I don't follow matches as carefully as I used to, I find I don't have the plays in my head, I've lost precision watching. And though I don't use glasses to drive, I wear them for football now. You hear those stories about taking granddad and he doesn't seem to pay attention but later tells you he loves to go for the atmosphere: this is the direction I'm slowly heading I fear. 

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It went off Raillo's butt when he was turned the other way. 

I was in 2nd tier above that corner and didn't see it clearly.

Honestly, as I age, I don't follow matches as carefully as I used to, I find I don't have the plays in my head, I've lost precision watching. And though I don't use glasses to drive, I wear them for football now. You hear those stories about taking granddad and he doesn't seem to pay attention but later tells you he loves to go for the atmosphere: this is the direction I'm slowly heading I fear. 

These days I listen to the game as much as I watch it intently.  Partly because I am usually buried in my phone, but also because the commentators generally make you aware when you need to pay attention.  Obviously I am dialed in if Canada is playing or if there is a rare chance to see a 🇨🇦 player that interests me, but if I have 2 or 3 games in during a Saturday morning/afternoon or back to back MLS games on, my ears tend to do a lot of the heavy lifting.  

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

These days I listen to the game as much as I watch it intently.  Partly because I am usually buried in my phone, but also because the commentators generally make you aware when you need to pay attention.  Obviously I am dialed in if Canada is playing or if there is a rare chance to see a 🇨🇦 player that interests me, but if I have 2 or 3 games in during a Saturday morning/afternoon or back to back MLS games on, my ears tend to do a lot of the heavy lifting.  

It used to be extremely typical for fans in Spain to listen to the radio in the stadium. Even oldtimers with a transistor to their ear. Also because there's no exclusive radio rights so you could pick the broadcast you prefer. Many listeners at home would complain they called it as if we were watching, but many were. You can still get murmurs if the broadcast says penalty and the ref missed it, or vice versa. Reacting to the radio call in the stadium.

Spain now spreads out all matches but when they'd coincide if you got a huge cheer for nothing at Camp Nou, easy conclusion, goal against Madrid 

There's some merit in this and I may go for it as I age.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist