Cyle Larin

shermanator

Thanks to Mallorca for helping Barça's quest for the league title get off on a good start.

Mojica at LB is a nice addition and give them two fullbacks with a lot of character. Then they sold Rajkovic the keeper, but Greif the Slovak, who got them into the Cup final last year, is also very reliable. The team played with better criteria and confidence I think with this new coach, last year's Aguirre is not that precise positionally, tactically. I think we are going to see this with Mexico, fortunately, his limitations.

Mbappe: he's rather one-dimensional, and predictable, and eats up a lot of space that Vinicius once dominated on the left, they have those two on one side, and Bellingham seems to be over there a lot. It is all very well to buy stars, but not have them interfering with each other and leaving a gap on the other side. 

18 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Mbappe: he's rather one-dimensional, and predictable, and eats up a lot of space that Vinicius once dominated on the left, they have those two on one side, and Bellingham seems to be over there a lot. It is all very well to buy stars, but not have them interfering with each other and leaving a gap on the other side. 

Put Phonzie on that side and they'll have a left-sided ball-hogging, space-sapping monstrosity over there.  Could be fun and/or horrific.

9 hours ago, GasPed said:

Put Phonzie on that side and they'll have a left-sided ball-hogging, space-sapping monstrosity over there.  Could be fun and/or horrific.

Was thinking the same. Mendy just sits back and does nothing, only defends, in the LB position. Then Carvajal as RB, who is getting on, ends up covering a massive amount of turf, actually Larin had a few runs at him and he was tiring, but still pretty good. And then Larin was covering Carvajal attacking. 

Davies would have to play right wing on this RM team I'd say.

Cyle Larin 🇨🇦 vs Real Madrid 🇪🇸

18 Minutes

🦶 15 Touches (2 Touches in the Opponent Zone)

🎯 7/10 Passes (70%)

🔥 1/1 Drible (100%) 

️ 3 Recoveries

️ 1 Intercepted

↗️ 1 Clearance

🥊 1/2 Ground Duels (50%)

gettyimages-2166218910-612x612.jpg.4ad035e3ce65cde5df82738bc0d720bc.jpg

Cyle, you should've stayed at Real Valladolid! You should've choosed loyalty and respect over money.

They saved your career there. They trusted you there. You were their superstar there. Their fans (called Larinsexuals) were supporting you there. They were playing for you there. You were at your best level there. And you were at your best level in the NT.

Why not becoming a legend there.  By staying there. By bringing them back from La Liga 2 to La Liga. By continuing your legacy there and by breaking records (topscorer, etc there.

2 hours ago, ahmedou said:

Cyle, you should've stayed at Real Valladolid! You should've choosed loyalty and respect over money.

They saved your career there. They trusted you there. You were their superstar there. Their fans (called Larinsexuals) were supporting you there. They were playing for you there. You were at your best level there. And you were at your best level in the NT.

Why not becoming a legend there.  By staying there. By bringing them back from La Liga 2 to La Liga. By continuing your legacy there and by breaking records (topscorer, etc there.

Easy to say from your couch. But if a company offered you twice the pay as your current employer (I looked up on capology, not sure if Cyle's numbers are accurate) would you choose loyalty or double the pay? Remember, the company/team you work/play for won't choose loyalty if they need to make cuts.

It's just a different logic. Abdon  didn't come in to sub either. Late 1st half goal, apparently total domination, the subs reinforcing the team and not replacing the striker Muriqi. Who didn't score, but assisted on it from a header. Mallorca 5 points on 4 games, one loss, 2 goals for, 2 against. 

8 hours ago, ahmedou said:

Pretty cringy take that also takes full advantage of 20/20 hindsight.

11 hours ago, Kent said:

Easy to say from your couch. But if a company offered you twice the pay as your current employer (I looked up on capology, not sure if Cyle's numbers are accurate) would you choose loyalty or double the pay? Remember, the company/team you work/play for won't choose loyalty if they need to make cuts.

While I don't know your situation, it's difficult to compare what we would do in that situation after having made over 20M the past 10 years. 

I feel Ahmedou's comment is fair, Larin is at a point in his career where he could very well chose loyalty to a club that has been an excellent mutual fit.  Unless he has some serious bad habits, he's already setup a nice cushy life for himself and kids.  Sure his years are numbered at this point and going for a paycheck is an option.  I'm sure Atiba also could've chased money if he really wanted to.  

6 hours ago, costarg said:

Quite a few guys on here brought up staying with Valladolid as being the better option, even back then.

Really? Go down to the second division when he was scoring goals in La Liga? Miss out on a nice payday for himself and a chance to move up career-wise?

Weird, since around here I find most people are constantly wanting our players to move up club-wise after any mere whiff of success :D

I was happy with the Mallorca move when it happened. I'm not afraid to admit that lol. and if he had scored 10 goals last year I am not sure many would have preferred he stay with relegated Valladolid.

Edited by Bertuzzi44