Cyle Larin

shermanator

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

And Theo on the bench for Granada. 

I know they are both Canadians but I would prefer for Mallorca to win and get further clear of relegation, to ensure the next season for Cyle. 

Theo playing in 2nd next season would still be a good level for him.

I understand the thinking, but I say let the chips fall where they may. And if Mallorca is succesful in staying up, I want Larin to contribute to that success. Otherwise, he could be on his way out. 

29 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I know they are both Canadians but I would prefer for Mallorca to win and get further clear of relegation, to ensure the next season for Cyle. 

Similar thinking for me - and recognizing that this would be a good game for Larin to smash in a goal or two to boost his stats and get some confidence back (especially in advance of T&T) 

35 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If Mallorca is up you would have to think it increases the chances of us seeing Theo too.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The ref called the shout, not the contact.

Nope 

not on  my feed commentary siad for a late challenge on his standing foot which he literally didn’t touch. 

2 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Nope 

not on  my feed commentary siad for a late challenge on his standing foot which he literally didn’t touch. 

I don't know what audio you have, but the guy shouted as Larin got there, and the ref seemed to call the shout, not the contact. 

A sure sign of a mediocre ref who does not actually see the tackle.

This is a game they should be playing at a much higher pace, breaking down the inferior rival quickly and clinically. There is really no excuse, Mallorca should be having a half dozen good chances on goal the first half.

But I think it is like 20 degrees in Palma, and the early match which Spanish teams tend not to like, so it seems they are pacing it a bit. 

Jozwiak, the left-side mid/attacker Granada bought from Charlotte in MLS: was he any good? How did they justify that signing? I mean, what was the real level there?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't know what audio you have, but the guy shouted as Larin got there, and the ref seemed to call the shout, not the contact. 

A sure sign of a mediocre ref who does not actually see the tackle.

I’m watching on Viaplay here in the UK not sure where they are getting it from.. ytv?!

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This is a game they should be playing at a much higher pace, breaking down the inferior rival quickly and clinically. There is really no excuse, Mallorca should be having a half dozen good chances on goal the first half.

But I think it is like 20 degrees in Palma, and the early match which Spanish teams tend not to like, so it seems they are pacing it a bit. 

Jozwiak, the left-side mid/attacker Granada bought from Charlotte in MLS: was he any good? How did they justify that signing? I mean, what was the real level there?

Not the speed for me, they are pumping up long balls all the time, they just have been poor.

2 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Liam plays away at Plymouth… that’s a bridge to far(to travel from Manchester)) after filming 60hrs this week.. nice to be able to watch all these games on tv at home…

What do you watch on? I have Viaplay Sports 1 but it's an online stream I found. Just one guy calling alone, though he's knowledgeable and clear.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

What do you watch on? I have Viaplay Sports 1 but it's an online stream I found. Just one guy calling alone, though he's knowledgeable and clear.

Sky box viaplay sports 1 Probably the same feed…same guy..

slow day for me here sorry too much time on my hands commenting on a few posts lol

Very poor from Mallorca who have to put these teams on a back foot, it's like they are coasting.

Barely any decent chances.

The ref pulled out another yellow on that same side against Mallorca for an equally unjustified play. I really dislike it when refs are "good" on the side they have an assistant, and drop off badly on the weak side where they are alone to decide. This is De Burgos Bengoetxea, who famously did a hack job on Mallorca in a 2-6 vs Granada two years ago.

19 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Liam plays away at Plymouth… that’s a bridge to far(to travel from Manchester)) after filming 60hrs this week.. nice to be able to watch all these games on tv at home…

By the way, fair enough on wanting some rest  but I love Plymouth, my wife's people are from there and up in the hills to the north.  Maybe not the right time of year to enjoy all of it, I guess.