Zachary Brault-Guillard

PhillyCanuck

Lugano is owned by the same owner as Chicago Fire, and their roster is pretty stocked with MLS experience. Both their main RBs came from Chicago or were loaned there respectively, their LB came from Columbus, one of their young CBs is Fire property, of their left wingers played for Chicago too, just got a striker from Chicago too. Don’t think I’ve ever seen such an MLS-heavy roster in Europe before. 

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Lugano is owned by the same owner as Chicago Fire, and their roster is pretty stocked with MLS experience. Both their main RBs came from Chicago or were loaned there respectively, their LB came from Columbus, one of their young CBs is Fire property, of their left wingers played for Chicago too, just got a striker from Chicago too. Don’t think I’ve ever seen such an MLS-heavy roster in Europe before. 

Espinoza's contract ends up at the end of the month, and I guess Reynolds is going back at Chicago this summer. Good spot for ZBG. 

Just now, SoccMan said:

So i guess all the talk about not wanting to leave Montreal because of family was just speculation, nice to see him continue his career at a decent level.

I wonder if he would have got another job in MLS if he wasn't Canadian.

He surely seemed good enough.

14 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

So i guess all the talk about not wanting to leave Montreal because of family was just speculation, nice to see him continue his career at a decent level.

No, he did say it in the interview, but it might've been poorly translated.  What he actually said is "it'd have to be worth it".  They're settled in Montreal, with friends, family and wifes little business, cheap daycare, etc...  So in order to move it would have to cover all that and more, otherwise they were happy to stay.

So basically, I assume his salary will cover his wifes salary, daycare, on top of any help with child care, cooking, etc.. the family was providing.

8 minutes ago, costarg said:

No, he did say it in the interview, but it might've been poorly translated.  What he actually said is "it'd have to be worth it".  They're settled in Montreal, with friends, family and wifes little business, cheap daycare, etc...  So in order to move it would have to cover all that and more, otherwise they were happy to stay.

So basically, I assume his salary will cover his wifes salary, daycare, on top of any help with child care, cooking, etc.. the family was providing.

Even if it doesn't (though I'd also assume it would) moving to a top club in a solid European League and getting set to play in the CL is a tremendous achievement. It's absolutely the kind of move you relocate family for.

Huuuge. 

we have Davies, adekugbe and laryea who I trust at lb. 

johnston, laryea and now zbg again at rb.

emergency fullbacks: Buchanan, Ali, ldf, miller? 

we desperately need to develop another young rb and lb. 

Unlikely but maybe Franklin, abzi, sigur, Farsi, Cameron get to the cmnt lvl/commit

14 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Really nice landing spot there. Pretty surprised by it actually - I expected he could land at that level but for a team that finished 2nd is excellent. Kudos to his agent. 

They finished 2nd but they don't seem like a big team. So an MLS quality player available on a free transfer was probably pretty appealing to them. But yeah, good job by his agent.

52 minutes ago, narduch said:

Lugano have drawn Turkey's Fenerbahce for the Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round.

Games will be July 23/24 and July 30/31

Who are now led by a certain Portuguese manager... should be a challenging 2 games for them but good experience for ZBG.

• 3 weeks later...