Liam Millar

Northvansteve

Liam has all the raw material I feel, and the desire. Maybe a tad lacking in the split second decision making which is a margin between the good and the great. But he's clearly learned and is maturing. His interplay with David is evidence of that. IMO I don't think it's really a like for like competition between him and Shaff. Shaff is an endline after burner player, Liam is more of a cut inside dribbler. I think this is one of those cases where even though Liam follows as a sub it's not an indication of pecking order, you use Shaffelburg to wear the RB down and stick Liam in there to finish the job.

Having watched the replay after being at BMO I have to say that was a very good half hour of play by Liam, he was lively and you can make an argument he changed the game with his runs into space and crosses 2 of which lead to corners, he was involved with the midfield mix up that they capitalized on but I don't put much of that on him! He seems to have very good chemistry with David, and Davies, there is some real nice attacking play amongst them, he is leading The Championship with chances created and you can see that in his evolving play!

41 minutes ago, gator said:

Having watched the replay after being at BMO I have to say that was a very good half hour of play by Liam, he was lively and you can make an argument he changed the game with his runs into space and crosses 2 of which lead to corners, he was involved with the midfield mix up that they capitalized on but I don't put much of that on him! He seems to have very good chemistry with David, and Davies, there is some real nice attacking play amongst them, he is leading The Championship with chances created and you can see that in his evolving play!

He just needs to consistently translate his club form to the National team.  

I think he made the right decision staying in a quality league he can dominate.  He keeps it up for his club and their will be plenty of interest from higher caliber leagues.