Liam Millar

Northvansteve

2 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

@spitfire You know I am joking right?

It was great to be able see him in England.  In fact you should tell him to point out to West Ham how poor their left wing depth is. 

i was more commenting on the kit..not your go back to Basel .. the white ones aren't bad..

Edited by spitfire

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Good team to keep developing at as a mid point for a few decent and potentially decent players. 

Bowen, Jacob Greaves, Jaden Philogene(probably look to replace him ?). Keane Lewis-Potter;  Robert Snodgrass (a ways back)

Be interesting.

A whole lot of their attack was on loan last year, Delap (Man City sold him to Ispwich) Carvalho (currently back at Liverpool) , they had Zaroury (Burnley) for a while. Sold or let go a couple other strikers (one of which was Billy Sharpe - 38 - who was keeping Jebbison out a couple years back).  As above Philogene is gone.  None of the 4 players they now list as forwards or wingers were starters with them last year. 

A rebuild up front for sure but surely a chance for some minutes. 

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Good team to keep developing at as a mid point for a few decent and potentially decent players. 

Crazy how time flies, I'm just realizing Liam is 25 this year.

At what age do you think development stops? Or when a player has reached their best self? 

I understand this varies by position. 

11 minutes ago, Shway said:

Crazy how time flies, I'm just realizing Liam is 25 this year.

At what age do you think development stops? Or when a player has reached their best self? 

I understand this varies by position. 

Also varies by player I am sure you would say. 

I don't think Liam done improving, do you?

5 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Also varies by player I am sure you would say. 

I don't think Liam done improving, do you?

I think it more varies by the position the player plays. Wingers are a young man's position, especially if you haven't established yourself as consistent goal scorer or "assister". 

What's key for him and what has been lacking is club consistency. 5 clubs in 5 years is very tough to truly hone/develop your craft. 

2 hours ago, costarg said:

Depends.  If we go by Hutch, they develop and improve until about 36.

But that's why I said it depends on the players position. Very rarely do you see that for outside players. 

Regardless, a lot changes quickly year over year. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the premier league in 26'.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, narduch said:

Lol.

So he reports to Basel and then is immediately off to close the deal for this new team?

I guess that's the weird reality of being an in-demand pro footballer in the latter stages of a transfer window. 

We may see something similar with David and we did see a version of that with Cornelius recently. 

I've said this before transfer windows are fun for fans but a very stressful nervous time for the player and their family..mostly waiting and hoping for interest to turn into an official offer and even when the deals start getting done(if they get done..loads fall thru) it's so complicated all the details and inner workings of the contracts first between the clubs then working out personal terms it just takes time painful time...then the real work begins, travelling for a medical then press and the big reveal all while trying to find a place to live, a school for the kids... loads of stress and then you are meant to hit the ground running and be at your best..

But an amazing thing to live your dream but not always roses..

Edited by spitfire