Liam Millar

Northvansteve

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GasPed said:

Great article, but something about the title "one game wonders" puts me off a bit.  Most of the players in the article are still young, and a guy like Liam is still ascending and could be in the Prem at some point, even if not at Anfield.

I don't think there's any suggestion by the writer that the players are finished. He's acknowledged the ongoing career paths of each player featured. But, the point is that these players only ever made a single first-team appearance for Liverpool, for varying reasons.

38 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I don't think there's any suggestion by the writer that the players are finished. He's acknowledged the ongoing career paths of each player featured. But, the point is that these players only ever made a single first-team appearance for Liverpool, for varying reasons.

The contents of the article are fine (really good actually) - but the title suggests the players' careers are over.  That's my only quibble.

16 minutes ago, GasPed said:

The contents of the article are fine (really good actually) - but the title suggests the players' careers are over.  That's my only quibble.

You have to keep in mind that this was written by a reporter filling space for a Liverpool audience while there are no club games. And, the sub-editor who wrote the headline would have known that.

6 hours ago, GasPed said:

Great article, but something about the title "one game wonders" puts me off a bit.  Most of the players in the article are still young, and a guy like Liam is still ascending and could be in the Prem at some point, even if not at Anfield.

Aside from Liam, you have a 24 year old League Two guy, a third div Scottish player and a guy living in Dubai- I think Liam aside, all these guys are pretty much where they’re gonna end up. I think it’s also written for a Liverpool audience that probably doesn’t fuss much about anything not involving LFC and the premier league.