Liam Millar

Northvansteve

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GasPed said:

Great article, but something about the title "one game wonders" puts me off a bit.  Most of the players in the article are still young, and a guy like Liam is still ascending and could be in the Prem at some point, even if not at Anfield.

I don't think there's any suggestion by the writer that the players are finished. He's acknowledged the ongoing career paths of each player featured. But, the point is that these players only ever made a single first-team appearance for Liverpool, for varying reasons.

38 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I don't think there's any suggestion by the writer that the players are finished. He's acknowledged the ongoing career paths of each player featured. But, the point is that these players only ever made a single first-team appearance for Liverpool, for varying reasons.

The contents of the article are fine (really good actually) - but the title suggests the players' careers are over.  That's my only quibble.

16 minutes ago, GasPed said:

The contents of the article are fine (really good actually) - but the title suggests the players' careers are over.  That's my only quibble.

You have to keep in mind that this was written by a reporter filling space for a Liverpool audience while there are no club games. And, the sub-editor who wrote the headline would have known that.

6 hours ago, GasPed said:

Great article, but something about the title "one game wonders" puts me off a bit.  Most of the players in the article are still young, and a guy like Liam is still ascending and could be in the Prem at some point, even if not at Anfield.

Aside from Liam, you have a 24 year old League Two guy, a third div Scottish player and a guy living in Dubai- I think Liam aside, all these guys are pretty much where they’re gonna end up. I think it’s also written for a Liverpool audience that probably doesn’t fuss much about anything not involving LFC and the premier league.

8 hours ago, nolando said:

One guy gets it until he drops the baton and then the other gets his next shot to start. As it should be.

Then Liam starts next game, doesn't do well Shaffelburg comes off the bench with a goal or an assists and he should start! Rinse and repeat.

This isn't the Shaffelburg thread, but my god I've never seen him on the ground so much. It's like he couldn't handle the physicality of the Panamanians l. 

Liam back ahead of Shaffelburg in the wing depth chart, for the time being.

Jacob looked a bit rusty but even with him not clicking you can see how much he's developed in a short time. He'll be a great option coming off the bench if he's not starting. 

Millar was much sharper in his limited minutes. He'll have the benefit of going back to Hull and playing in the Championship, while Shaffelburg's season will soon be coming to a close with Nashville. 

Buchanan should be back next window as well, so it'll be interesting how the wing options shake out.