Liam Millar

Northvansteve

9 minutes ago, frmr said:

Considering the confused emoji from spitfire, I'm guessing that's not the case.

At this point I know nothing honestly I’ve been working non stop  and have been up for 24 hrs as I’ve just arrived in Atlanta… I  just love  the speculation!!

9 minutes ago, spitfire said:

At this point I know nothing honestly I’ve been working non stop  and have been up for 24 hrs as I’ve just arrived in Atlanta… I  just love  the speculation!!

Way to throw us off the scent there bud. Reeeeaaaal convincing :)

To dissect the source a little:

Adam Oxley is a commentator for BBC Sheffield Radio - he did commentary in the League 2 playoffs for instance. As well as a reporter.

Not usually the kind of guy that does transfer stuff for the fun of it and the BBC isnt a huge transfer speculator - they report other people's, don't make their own.

Not that it means anything for sure - his sources could be wrong - but edges towards more concrete. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

51 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

“SIGNIFICANT DOWNGRADE”

”We like but he’s actually more of a bench player”. Is that true, or are you upset that he burned you guys last year? Leeds fans should pull their head out of their behind. What’s that famous quote again? “There are no championship supporters in the UK, just temporarily embarrassed premier league supporters”.

2 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

David Ornstein from the Athletic mentioned Liam to Leeds…release clause so he’s definitely on the move.

Liam needs to be playing in the Premier League and not in the English Championship and especially not for Leeds. If he plays Championship football, it would feel like a step back in his development given he's played in Swiss Super League and to go from that to a Championship side in England, I just can't get behind that.

39 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Liam needs to be playing in the Premier League and not in the English Championship and especially not for Leeds. If he plays Championship football, it would feel like a step back in his development given he's played in Swiss Super League and to go from that to a Championship side in England, I just can't get behind that.

You do know where he just spent the last season, right?

58 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

“SIGNIFICANT DOWNGRADE”

”We like but he’s actually more of a bench player”. Is that true, or are you upset that he burned you guys last year? Leeds fans should pull their head out of their behind. What’s that famous quote again? “There are no championship supporters in the UK, just temporarily embarrassed premier league supporters”.

At this stage, Liam is behind Summerville and Gnonto, if we are honest.

He is rightly bitter they didn't get promoted with a really good squad and is upset at losing those players. 

My read at least. 

10 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

At this stage, Liam is behind Summerville and Gnonto, if we are honest.

He is rightly bitter they didn't get promoted with a really good squad and is upset at losing those players. 

My read at least. 

Oh, no, he’s absolutely below them, but we’re talking about two player of the year candidates that should’ve probably played in the premier league all along. I mean, Gnonto was playing games for the Italy senior team while in the championship which is pretty wild. Just thought it was funny to point out that Millar is a downgrade, because it’s like, *anyone* they bring in would be a downgrade. They only had those two guys because they brought them in before they got relegated. I do sympathize with the bitterness of entering your second relegated campaign where things can really start going sideways. 

Losing my job and gaining 50 pounds so me missus leaves me and then going into the bar with my new lady being like *SIGNIFICANT DOWNGRADE*

Interesting summary of Millar's transfer situation from a Leeds site

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/sell-marry-avoid-leeds-uniteds-29443770

"Marry

Perhaps best known to Leeds supporters for his last-gasp wonder goal against them on Boxing Day last season, FC Basel winger Liam Millar could be the perfect answer to Summerville's expected exit. The Canada international is coming off statistically his best season while on loan at Preston North End and has a release clause embedded in his contract, making the move a sure-fire thing if Leeds were to go after him.

One of the more recent names to be linked with the Whites, the 24-year-old left-winger also only has one year left on his deal with Basel, meaning the Swiss outfit would be inclined to sell him before he runs down his current contract. He's been linked with Burnley and Sheffield United while he's out on international duty at the Copa America having started both matches for Canada at the tournament so far.

Millar is able to play off both wings, something he showed at Preston and for Canada in recent weeks, and his five goals and five assists at Preston last year showed a glimpse of his capabilities in the Championship. Preston chairman Peter Ridsdale has admitted in the past there's a rift between the player and club around positional needs and wants but claims that they will have the upper-hand in terms of tying him down to a permanent deal over others trying to get him through Basel."

3 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Interesting summary of Millar's transfer situation from a Leeds site

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/sell-marry-avoid-leeds-uniteds-29443770

"Marry

Perhaps best known to Leeds supporters for his last-gasp wonder goal against them on Boxing Day last season, FC Basel winger Liam Millar could be the perfect answer to Summerville's expected exit. The Canada international is coming off statistically his best season while on loan at Preston North End and has a release clause embedded in his contract, making the move a sure-fire thing if Leeds were to go after him.

One of the more recent names to be linked with the Whites, the 24-year-old left-winger also only has one year left on his deal with Basel, meaning the Swiss outfit would be inclined to sell him before he runs down his current contract. He's been linked with Burnley and Sheffield United while he's out on international duty at the Copa America having started both matches for Canada at the tournament so far.

Millar is able to play off both wings, something he showed at Preston and for Canada in recent weeks, and his five goals and five assists at Preston last year showed a glimpse of his capabilities in the Championship. Preston chairman Peter Ridsdale has admitted in the past there's a rift between the player and club around positional needs and wants but claims that they will have the upper-hand in terms of tying him down to a permanent deal over others trying to get him through Basel."

Yeah but the Championship though? Really? He's better off then staying in Switzerland at Basel

On 6/25/2024 at 9:24 AM, InglewoodJack said:

What’s that famous quote again? “There are no championship supporters in the UK, just temporarily embarrassed premier league supporters”.

That extends to the entire football league to be honest. Far too many supporters love to moan about how they are too big for the level they are at.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shortofbrillant said:

That extends to the entire football league to be honest. Far too many supporters love to moan about how they are too big for the level they are at.

That's almost total rubbish, to be honest. Moaning is the national sport but you are far likelier to hear actual people running down their teams than saying they should be higher.

I knew lots of Oxford United and even Oxford City supporters who were happy in their moaning to follow their team whatever division they were in. And the former were up and down in my time there. They loved the cups including the Johnstone's Paint/Papa Johns/Bristol Street Motors Trophy and a chance to go to Wembley.

My best mate there was from Bristol and was Bristol City. Chuffed to be Championship for I don't know how long.

Similar for a Argyle supporter from Plymouth, who just to got the Championship. And a guy whose dad played for Burnley.

Not sure I met an actual person like you are describing.

You don't hang out with Leeds supporters do you? Or maybe is just a social media thing.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

11 hours ago, longlugan said:

Dude you are borderline special needs. 

If his posts bother you so much, why don't you just put him on ignore instead of making abusive posts. Seems like a pretty simple solution.