Liam Millar

Northvansteve

1 minute ago, Northvansteve said:

He should have started instead of Larin. They needed a play-maker up top. 

I would have been fine with this or at least an earlier sub for Larin. We need players who can do things on the ball and Millar is one of those guys. Sometimes it feels a little absurd he doesn't start or at least play more. Someone made a comment in the game thread saying Millar is a breath of fresh air and I thought gee how many times could we say that? It's weird to me he doesn't get more minutes.

Millar obviously has some strengths to his game and some areas to grow still.  But one thing you cannot teach is heart and he always plays and his heart out.  With Liam, one thing is guaranteed and that is that you’re going to get a player that is going to play your heart out for this country.  It’s been a strange year, but he’s been one of the few bright spots for me this year.

Hard work pays off and it’s shown in his performances this year.

Edited by Corazon

3 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

F9TLd2VWYAEOwZ6?format=jpg&name=medium

It's funny, not in a ha ha sense, how Ben Woodburn was the blue-chip prospect in the Liverpool academy teams 6-7 years ago, while Liam was much less heralded. Now Liam seems a far more important figure in this Preston side, while Woodburn watches his academy teammate from the bench.