Nathan Ingham

Dub Narcotic

On 2017-6-25 at 10:16 AM, jpg75 said:

Bekker shot it right at Ingham both times, so take it with a grain of salt. Ingham made a great diving save on a FK in the first half though.

A keeper has to be there to make the save. He got up from the first save very quickly and had shut out Bekker's angle. And that third save was great athleticism.

Just another part of the highlight reel.

Yes, cap every player who's played a pro game at any level!

If Ingham can hold onto the starting spot in Edmonton for the rest of the year, then he belongs in the conversation with the likes of Crepeau and Irving for camp poutines or if any of Borjan, Thomas or Leutwiler are not called. But he's played 4 games at the NASL level FFS.

1 hour ago, shermanator said:

Yes, cap every player who's played a pro game at any level!

If Ingham can hold onto the starting spot in Edmonton for the rest of the year, then he belongs in the conversation with the likes of Crepeau and Irving for camp poutines or if any of Borjan, Thomas or Leutwiler are not called. But he's played 4 games at the NASL level FFS.

Relax dude, yothat always sarcastically posts "cap him" or "cap him now" every time some new kid signs or plays somewhere.

On 06/26/2017 at 1:31 PM, jpg75 said:

Relax dude, yothat always sarcastically posts "cap him" or "cap him now" every time some new kid signs or plays somewhere.

But I do remember serious calls to cap Smits, led by the11.ca, after a few matches...

4 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

What do you guys think of Callum Irving? VWFC Product, NCAA Alumni, former U-20 player and now USL Starter. Would like to see him get called up to the CMNT at some point. He already made his debut vs Bermudas in January 

I like him but that mistake in the V Cup has soured a lot of people here on him. As for second division keepers Nathan Ingham is what's hot this month.

6 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

What do you guys think of Callum Irving? VWFC Product, NCAA Alumni, former U-20 player and now USL Starter. Would like to see him get called up to the CMNT at some point. He already made his debut vs Bermudas in January 

Irving is a solid keeper but I really don't see him getting to the international level. As of right now he is better than Ingham because he has more experience and is better positionally. I don't think Irving can get much better than he is right now though. I don't see him ever progressing past the USL level. 

Ingham has the shot stopping ability to play at the MLS level. He obviously needs to work on his positioning and other aspects of his game but his potential is higher. Give Ingham a year starting and we'll see how he progresses. I wouldn't give Ingham a call up to CMNT untill he shows that he is ready of course. 

3 hours ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Ingham has the shot stopping ability to play at the MLS level. He obviously needs to work on his positioning and other aspects of his game but his potential is higher. Give Ingham a year starting and we'll see how he progresses. I wouldn't give Ingham a call up to CMNT untill he shows that he is ready of course. 

This is the part that separates a player from being a guy with an upward career trajectory between the pipes and one being just another athletic shot stopper.  Hopefully he is the former.

Small update: Ingham suffered a concussion and shoulder injury. https://the11.ca/miller-looks-to-add-players-to-fc-edmontons-roster-says-he-plans-to-make-contact-with-fordyce/

On 26/06/2017 at 0:31 PM, jpg75 said:

Just noticed this reply. Had no idea those posts were sarcastic. Duly noted.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
17 minutes ago, badname22 said:

Does this put him in the NT picture if he moves there? He's 29 so he's still a very good age for a keeper. 

For me, if he does and he plays well, he has to be called up.

If he's the 2nd string or lower, probably not. One of Hasal and Pantemis will be MLS regulars, don't think a 2nd string Liga MX guy would be ahead of either, unless both are playing terribly. Even then, Sirois would arguably be preferred considering his age. 

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Does this put him in the NT picture if he moves there? He's 29 so he's still a very good age for a keeper. 

For me, if he does and he plays well, he has to be called up.

If he's the 2nd string or lower, probably not. One of Hasal and Pantemis will be MLS regulars, don't think a 2nd string Liga MX guy would be ahead of either, unless both are playing terribly. Even then, Sirois would arguably be preferred considering his age. 

Hypothetically, if he gets signed and earn starts AND performs?

He'd be performing at a higher level than Crepeau, Pantemis, St. Clair and company.

Yes, you'd have to call him up.

Of course, a long way to get there but within grasp for him