Nathan Ingham

Dub Narcotic

GK from Keswick, ON, born in 1993, signed with FC Edmonton after five years with Florida Gulf Coast University. Played PDL with the K-W United that won the 2015 PDL championship and participated in a U-20 camp but was never capped. Came through the youth systems of Canada Ajax Gunners and the TFC academy.

• 1 year later...

Made his NASL debut last night against the Cosmos. Looked like a keeper making his first start. Serviceable, didn't make many Nothing he could do on the two goals, one of which was a free header, the second was a penalty which was given after he saved the first penalty.

Based on small sample sizes, I wouldn't rate him as high as Farago or Smits (Farago was fantastic in his debut), but it's based on one game so that could change.

Big fc Edmonton fan here. But I havent seen to much of Ingham because he never starts. But when i have watched him (preseason and this last game) his natural athleticism impressed me. He has great reactions. He needs to work on positioning a bit, catching the ball, and his communication with the back line. of course no keeper that doesnt regularily start has good communication at first. I think in the future Ingham will pass Fargo but he needs to clean up his game a bit. I wouldnt mind him starting a couple more games this year for edmonton.

If this was any other coach I would say that Ingham has a chance. But Collin Miller loves his old "proven" guys, doesn't matter if they aren't performing or if there are younger guys pushing for their spot. Collin Miller will pick apart Ingham's mistakes then go back to Konopka. I really really hope i am wrong, but CM is REALLY stuck in his ways and one solid game with just a couple little mistakes won't be enough for Ingham to continue as the starter i don't think. Even if he was given a run of starts, Colin Miller would go straight back to Konopka the second Ingham made a big mistake (Even though Konopka has made some big mistakes himself). I have seen CM do that with other players before. 

I personally think that if Ingham was given the start for a couple games in a row he would run with it and perhaps steal a game for FC Edmonton. I really hope he gets that chance.

5 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

If this was any other coach I would say that Ingham has a chance. But Collin Miller loves his old "proven" guys, doesn't matter if they aren't performing or if there are younger guys pushing for their spot. Collin Miller will pick apart Ingham's mistakes then go back to Konopka. I really really hope i am wrong, but CM is REALLY stuck in his ways and one solid game with just a couple little mistakes won't be enough for Ingham to continue as the starter i don't think. Even if he was given a run of starts, Colin Miller would go straight back to Konopka the second Ingham made a big mistake (Even though Konopka has made some big mistakes himself). I have seen CM do that with other players before. 

I personally think that if Ingham was given the start for a couple games in a row he would run with it and perhaps steal a game for FC Edmonton. I really hope he gets that chance.

I was super close to #MillerOut at halftime of that Cosmos game.  They got a huge emotional win, but I still have my doubts.

2 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I was super close to #MillerOut at halftime of that Cosmos game.  They got a huge emotional win, but I still have my doubts.

I would join you with that. All of FC Edmonton's best midfielders are offensive (other than Ledgerwood and Straith): Corea, Shiels, Fisk, and Nyassi. None of those 4 are very good at playing defensively yet Colin Miller still concedes 60%-75% of possession consistently. Edmonton's difference maker players are WAY better with the ball at their feet than defending. Yet CM keeps telling them to drop back then kick a hopeful ball up to Ameobi. Then at the end of the game Colin Miller has the audacity to blame the players for lack of effort. Maybe if he let them play the way they are good at playing they would get somewhere. Not to mention i think that Ben Fisk could go somewhere and CM is holding him back with lack of game time or playing time with the ball at his feet.

phew... ok rant done. Ingham is great!

10 hours ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I would second this. Miller is stubborn as hell, and is hell bent on making some of his questionable signings successful. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Matt van Oekel was atrocious in the spring 2015 season, but the second John Smits had a bad half, he was never seen again. Now, van Oekel had a fantastic 2016 to redeem himself, but his job as the starter was never in doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not too high on Ingham just yet. Based on the small sample size, I think Farago is the best keeper in the squad. But Miller's leash for anyone who isn't a pet project is often far too short.

I've only watched Ingham against the Cosmos, but it sounds like he's doing quite well. Question is, does Miller give him an extended run of games? He doesn't have a great history at trusting Canadian keepers to run with things, outside of 2014 when Smits forced his hand while Parker was injured.

Ingham has been playing very well. He is a great shot stopper and has made some great saves. He sometimes comes off of his line when he shouldn't but there hasn't been a goal off of a mistake yet. Overall he is playing much better than Konopka was so he should be the starting keeper for the season. Ingham has made sure that there is no reason for Miller to take him out, he has only let in one goal in back to back games and this last game it was a penalty. Great to see him playing well. 

6 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

And poor old Bekker cant catch a break!!  The OG robs him off an assist and Ingham robs him off a goal.  

Bekker got the better of him on the only goal of the match when he was caught out by that inswinging corner which resulted in the own goal at his far post.

Did that guy clear it off the line or did it hit the post? Cause holy shit that was amazing. As was the triple save by ingham, he looks a pretty competent shot stopper so far!

Edited by Brethers8
Used my pinch of salt ? Also I wrote shit instead of shot