Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

2 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Pretty sure I just passed him walking through Piccadilly Circus.  Gave him a knowing smile and a nod. He did smile back but had a bit of ‘who the fuck is this guy’ look to his reaction. 

He was probably trying to figure out which El Salvadorean he punked last qualifying cycle you were.

3 hours ago, An Observer said:

Q the loan rumours to Millwall... 😄

Steve Cooper must really dislike him if he's getting sent there. Probably about right though from a footballing standpoint given both them and Luton are at the level Forest would have been right now if they hadn't won the playoffs. What he was signed for in other words.

Officially one month until end of the transfer window. I hope something happens for Richie soon, since the deeper they get into the season, the more questions I would have over how valuable a player who effectively hasn’t played competitive soccer since like December would be to a championship team, assuming that’s where he ends up.

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Officially one month until end of the transfer window. I hope something happens for Richie soon, since the deeper they get into the season, the more questions I would have over how valuable a player who effectively hasn’t played competitive soccer since like December would be to a championship team, assuming that’s where he ends up.

I cheer for a championship club and I'd take Richie over Furlong any day of the week.   

So far there are 14 new arrivals for NF.  I have often said the promoted sides turn over their squads by about 70-80% when they get to the EPL, so that seems to still holds true here given that transfer window has not closed.  

Also, getting back to the point a few of us raised many pages back whereby we had suggested that Laryea plight (lack of playing time ) at NF was rooted in arrogance and snobbery towards Canadian and American by English football people.  Take a look at one of the arrivals for NF who will play for them in the EPL.  

Brandon Aguillera ( LD Alajuelense) :    He is Costa Rican and comes from a Cost Rican Club.   He never played in any recent CONCACAF WCQ qualifiers though he did get call up in the final WCQ window versus the US and Canada but never saw playing time.   He is a teenager but Laryea was starter for the side that finished in CONCACAF qualifying.   And, NF would have you believe that he is not of the quality of this player from a Costa Rican club that Laryea MLS would have handled easily in Concacaf Competitions 

image.png.5b1495ea342f5281e045a0ba303c6d99.png

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

So far there are 14 new arrivals for NF.  I have often said the promoted sides turn over their squads by about 70% when they get to the EPL, so that seems to still holds true here given that transfer window has not closed.  

Also, getting back to the point a few of us raised many pages back whereby we had suggested that Laryea plight (lack of playing time ) at NF was rooted in arrogance and snobbery towards Canadian and American by English football people, well take a look at one of the arrivals for NF.  

Brandon Aguillera ( LD Alajuelense) :    He is Costa Rican and comes from a Cost Rican Club.   He never played in any recent CONCACAF WCQ qualifiers though he did get call up in the final WCQ window versus the US and Canada but never saw playing time.   He is a teenager but Laryea was starter for the side that finished in CONCACAF qualifying.   And, NF would have you believe that he is not of the quality of this player from a Costa Rican club that Laryea MLS would have handled easily in Concacaf Competitions 

He's back on loan at Guanacasteca (as shown in the second photo), so he's likely seen as one for the future. He's also a midfielder.

Either way, he's not influencing Forest's decisions about Laryea.

11 minutes ago, RS said:

He's back on loan at Guanacasteca (as shown in the second photo), so he's likely seen as one for the future. He's also a midfielder.

Either way, he's not influencing Forest's decisions about Laryea.

Its being reported that he will be joining them after a six month loan spell.  They just signed him two weeks ago.

Edited by Free kick

3 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Its being reported that he will be joining them after a six month loan spell.  They just signed him two weeks ago.

Right, but that doesn't affect Richie now.

They don't seem to be competing for the same position anyway.

37 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Join them in what capacity though? Slonina has the same deal with Chelsea- he’s staying with Chicago until end of year, but it’s not like he’s gonna play big minutes for Chelsea anytime soon 

12 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Join them in what capacity though? Slonina has the same deal with Chelsea- he’s staying with Chicago until end of year, but it’s not like he’s gonna play big minutes for Chelsea anytime soon 

Its different with Goal Keepers though.   A starting goal keeper (unlike in Hockey for example) plays and can play pretty much all the time.  A backup GK in soccer is strictly an insurance policy against injury.    You wont see enough action as back up so you are always better off on loan somewhere (even in lower divisions) if it means you are starting. 

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

So far there are 14 new arrivals for NF.  I have often said the promoted sides turn over their squads by about 70-80% when they get to the EPL, so that seems to still holds true here given that transfer window has not closed.  

Also, getting back to the point a few of us raised many pages back whereby we had suggested that Laryea plight (lack of playing time ) at NF was rooted in arrogance and snobbery towards Canadian and American by English football people.  Take a look at one of the arrivals for NF who will play for them in the EPL.  

Weird Spence isn't listed as a departure. I though He would since he was huge for them last season but won't be around this season because of "end of loan"

1 minute ago, Free kick said:

Its different with Goal Keepers though.   A starting goal keeper (unlike in Hockey) plays and can play pretty much all the time.   Backup in soccer is strictly an insurance policy against injury.    You wont see enough action as back up so you are always better off on loan somewhere (even in lower divisions) if it means you are starting. 

I know that, I was just using him because he’s the first example that popped into mind- Liam Millar had one of his loans cut short at Liverpool so he could join the main team, and ultimately only played like 3 cup games before getting loaned out the next season. Who knows- that player you mentioned who is still a teenager could get the Laryea treatment next year (not play) or they can send him out to league one to get accustomed to English soccer.

11 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Who knows- that player you mentioned who is still a teenager could get the Laryea treatment next year (not play) or they can send him out to league one to get accustomed to English soccer.

That's true.  But it still remains that (despite the age difference) Laryea has a much stronger pedigree.  I didnt see this guy in CRC's IC playoff.  He was on the bench though

Edited by Free kick

Really NF signing policy is a bit of a disgrace. 

Any strong Championship team, and top 2nd tier in the top leagues that is well-coached, should survive in EPL or equivalent. Especially if you add a few pieces to a group that already plays well together. 

When they sign like this, disrespecting guys who got you into EPL, deserve to continue, deserve to have a chance in EPL, are loyal to the club, and are likely cheaper as well, it's plain distasteful. 

Question of finding the right balance. Plenty of teams have promoted and then bought 3-4 players, in key positions. And they've been fine, end up mid-table. Then in winter, bring a few more in. 

The Forest model is also a huge statement to your youth: you are not going to be good enough, so forget it. And that creates a negative spiral, a team that does not promote its academy and youth is not a team youth want to go to. Meaning every bit of talent you need has to be bought.

If Laryea ends up on the outside, I hope they go down burning.

Can they sign Jizz?  I guess they could, but he only signed with Willem in late January, so he likely played for his previous club in January... Isn't there a rule that you can't play for three clubs in one year?

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Really NF signing policy is a bit of a disgrace. 

Any strong Championship team, and top 2nd tier in the top leagues that is well-coached, should survive in EPL or equivalent. Especially if you add a few pieces to a group that already plays well together. 

When they sign like this, disrespecting guys who got you into EPL, deserve to continue, deserve to have a chance in EPL, are loyal to the club, and are likely cheaper as well, it's plain distasteful. 

Question of finding the right balance. Plenty of teams have promoted and then bought 3-4 players, in key positions. And they've been fine, end up mid-table. Then in winter, bring a few more in. 

The Forest model is also a huge statement to your youth: you are not going to be good enough, so forget it. And that creates a negative spiral, a team that does not promote its academy and youth is not a team youth want to go to. Meaning every bit of talent you need has to be bought.

If Laryea ends up on the outside, I hope they go down burning.

How many of these players have they scouted and planned to sign?  It feels like these names are coming up as available and they're jumping at them as opposed to targeting players that are the right fit, etc. 

I worry that their manager is just a championship manager (no pun intended there) who will be well out of his league in the premiership.