Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

He looked really solid in the last game he played. I’m starting to wonder if Laryea is their insurance policy, IE they can only spend so much especially considering there’s a good chance they’re relegated right back down, so instead of spending on a Laryea replacement, maybe let’s give him an opportunity and if he doesn’t embarrass himself, he’s a better bench option than whoever they could purchase to replace him.

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

Looking into it a bit further, it seems Biancone is more of a CB (especially in the back 3 that Forest play as an RCB) than a RWB. I'm starting to think that unless a new guy comes in that perhaps Richie doesn't get sent out on loan.

This is my thought at the moment as well. I don't know much about Biancone, but I gathered he wasn't a true RWB based on this:

18 hours ago, Obinna said:

The post from 6 hours ago, the most recent post in the thread, was questioning whether they can afford to let Laryea go on loan until RWB depth was added, unless Biancone is considered backup.

NFFC Squad 2022/23 (coyrforestforum.co.uk)

But now that you've identified he's more of a CB, it makes sense that poster is questioning whether Biancone can be considered a back up. If not (which seems likely) Laryea may stay (unless someone else comes in).

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

He looked really solid in the last game he played. I’m starting to wonder if Laryea is their insurance policy, IE they can only spend so much especially considering there’s a good chance they’re relegated right back down, so instead of spending on a Laryea replacement, maybe let’s give him an opportunity and if he doesn’t embarrass himself, he’s a better bench option than whoever they could purchase to replace him.

I suspect you are right. And knowing what Richie can do, I think he'd prove to be a solid bench option at the EPL level. Hopefully he gets the chance to show that. 

23 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This is my thought at the moment as well. I don't know much about Biancone, but I gathered he wasn't a true RWB based on this:

But now that you've identified he's more of a CB, it makes sense that poster is questioning whether Biancone can be considered a back up. If not (which seems likely) Laryea may stay (unless someone else comes in).

It's possible that a guy like Biancone is viewed as a progressive CB and defensive RWB -- a guy you'd use in a RWB position against a certain opponent or when defending a lead. But just from what I've read, I don't think he's a direct back up to Williams.

55 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I suspect you are right. And knowing what Richie can do, I think he'd prove to be a solid bench option at the EPL level. Hopefully he gets the chance to show that. 

I’m sure Nottingham has to employ a little bit of Moneyball to maximize their team vs expenditures especially in their first top flight season, so either you drop like £8M on a reserve player or you just go with the guy you already have who is a top 5-6 (I think?) player on a World Cup roster. I mean, those are the kinds of gems I feel lower budget teams need to hit on. Not to mention if they do get relegated, they have an excellent starting option for next season, assuming they’d lose a ton of players.

8 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I’m sure Nottingham has to employ a little bit of Moneyball

They’ve spent over $90 M in this window so far, plus a big sign on and wages for Lingard.  It looks like they want to stay in the Premiership. 
Apparently their Greek owner is doing remarkably well financially since the start of the Ukraine invasion, transporting Russian gas & oil into Europe by sea.

18 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

They’ve spent over $90 M in this window so far, plus a big sign on and wages for Lingard.  It looks like they want to stay in the Premiership. 
Apparently their Greek owner is doing remarkably well financially since the start of the Ukraine invasion, transporting Russian gas & oil into Europe by sea.

Did I read Lingard is making over 200,000 a week? That is outrageous for a club like NF, and I think a bit risky too. 

15 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Did I read Lingard is making over 200,000 a week? That is outrageous for a club like NF, and I think a bit risky too. 

Yes. Seems to be the going number. I think I read it is only a one year deal. Apparently he was about to sign with West Ham and NF made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. 

49 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Yes. Seems to be the going number. I think I read it is only a one year deal. Apparently he was about to sign with West Ham and NF made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. 

I'd like Forest in normal circumstances, for the tradition, but if they are going to be a bunch of wankers in EPL (including no Laryea minutes, of course), then back to Championship with them and move on.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Laryea has done nothing so far but the good news I guess is the guy Biancone who came on for Williams imo has been kinda terrible

Nothing as in he’s being lazy or nothing as in the ball hasn’t come his way?

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

I am pleased he is getting a chance in preseason. It seemed only about a week ago that he was going to be frozen out.  So best case scenario, he sticks with them for the start of the year. Worse case is he has shown he is not out of place at this level and that should help with a loan move before the season starts. 

49 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Laryea on at left back

I find this interesting as it's the first time he's been used on the left side.  He had one bad giveaway, but it didn't result in anything.  He also had one nice little dribble in the attacking end that resulted in his team mate getting a cross in.  I think the fact that he was deployed on the left side is a sign the team may actually be considering keeping him.

I watched a good portion of this game.  Forest paid a decent amount for Williams.  I don't see it.  He lacks pace and strength and had more than a couple giveaways for a guy that relies on technical ability.