Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Why would MLS be more likely if it drags out? They played him in the last friendly, so he’s not a total afterthought, and hearing both that he has many suitors in Europe and only one serious one (Dallas) in North America, I think he’s got a very good chance to stay abroad.

forrest are close to signing this guy- not sure how much it’ll affect Richie’s chances. seems like he’s mostly a left back.

Forest have now bought 2 RB’s and 2 LB’s… Unfortunately Richie is not in their plans.

31 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Laryea on in the 63rd minute vs. Hertha Berlin

Looks like Nottingham Forest played their first team players for the 1st hour. At the 60th minute they replaced all 10 outfield players. These second set of players are probably playing for their spots on the bench. Laryea played in Nico Williams spot on the right side.

Laryea had a few touches of the ball nothing spectacular until the final few minutes. He nutmegged Prince Boatang and as he was racing past him Boatang reached out and pulled Laryea back. As a result of the free kick Laryea managed to pick up the ball and used his speed to go around the outside and managed a shot on net which was saved.

From what I saw, I see no reason why Laryea shouldn't earn himself a place on the Notts Forest bench.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

From a NF fan forum:

Just looking at our current contracted squad (not counting loans) and trying to work out who realistically is good enough to be a regular in a match day squad. 20 places to fill with 9 subs named.

Good enough
Samba
Horvarth
Worrall
Mckenna
Cook
Colback
Yates
Surridge
Johnson

Maybe
Laryea
Cafu
Lolley
Possibly one or two of the current U23s too.

Not good enough (or not yet ready) in my opinion
Mbe Soh
Panzo
Ojeda
Fornah
Arter
Ioannou
Mighten
Silva
DaCosta

So thats 9 out of 20 with 3 maybes. Puts into perspective the scale of the task and cost involved.
Its meant to be a positive though because actually we dont have that much dead wood so there is a huge opportunity to improve the squad.
In my opinion anyone coming in must be better than what we currently have or have the potential to be better. No more signings as “back up” or strange here today gone tomorrow signings.

13 minutes ago, Obinna said:

From a NF fan forum:

Just looking at our current contracted squad (not counting loans) and trying to work out who realistically is good enough to be a regular in a match day squad. 20 places to fill with 9 subs named.

Good enough
Samba
Horvarth
Worrall
Mckenna
Cook
Colback
Yates
Surridge
Johnson

Maybe
Laryea
Cafu
Lolley
Possibly one or two of the current U23s too.

Not good enough (or not yet ready) in my opinion
Mbe Soh
Panzo
Ojeda
Fornah
Arter
Ioannou
Mighten
Silva
DaCosta

So thats 9 out of 20 with 3 maybes. Puts into perspective the scale of the task and cost involved.
Its meant to be a positive though because actually we dont have that much dead wood so there is a huge opportunity to improve the squad.
In my opinion anyone coming in must be better than what we currently have or have the potential to be better. No more signings as “back up” or strange here today gone tomorrow signings.

That post was made June 2. Forest have been super active since then, both with incoming and outgoing transfers. I think Neco Williams is pencilled in as starter at RWB, and Laryea has to battle with new Biancone to be the backup.

I suppose you never know what happens with injuries and form and whatnot, the rumour was that Laryea was brought in to play LWB so maybe he has a chance there. But Forest have a number of LWBs (Richards though injured, Toffolo, Colback, and I think Ioannou can play there) and Richie played RWB in the friendly today vs Hertha.

13 minutes ago, El Diego said:

That post was made June 2. Forest have been super active since then, both with incoming and outgoing transfers. I think Neco Williams is pencilled in as starter at RWB, and Laryea has to battle with new Biancone to be the backup.

I suppose you never know what happens with injuries and form and whatnot, the rumour was that Laryea was brought in to play LWB so maybe he has a chance there. But Forest have a number of LWBs (Richards though injured, Toffolo, Colback, and I think Ioannou can play there) and Richie played RWB in the friendly today vs Hertha.

Steven Reid is on the coaching staff.  I watched him play for several years with West Brom.  He wasn't a very tall right back either.  I'm hoping he sees something in Ritchie.  I always liked Reid when he played for the baggies. 

38 minutes ago, El Diego said:

The post from 6 hours ago, the most recent post in the thread, was questioning whether they can afford to let Laryea go on loan until RWB depth was added, unless Biancone is considered backup.

NFFC Squad 2022/23 (coyrforestforum.co.uk)

Edited by Obinna

12 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Did he do enough here for the gaffer to take a closer look?  maybe.

He looked pretty good to me. I mean Neco Williams is touted for his ability to go forwards. Nobody talks about Neco's defensive weakness so why not Richie? If it is attacking ability Richie is right up there

4 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Nottingham signed another fb today from Huddersfield. Harry Toffolo who plays as a lb. I have almost no hope that Laryea will play for Nottingham this year.

I know it doesn't change too much, but Toffolo was in the starting lineup today already and Richie saw some minutes. LB seems to be filled, but backup RB might be a possibility.

17 hours ago, The Pessimist said:

Looks like Nottingham Forest played their first team players for the 1st hour. At the 60th minute they replaced all 10 outfield players. These second set of players are probably playing for their spots on the bench. Laryea played in Nico Williams spot on the right side.

Laryea had a few touches of the ball nothing spectacular until the final few minutes. He nutmegged Prince Boatang and as he was racing past him Boatang reached out and pulled Laryea back. As a result of the free kick Laryea managed to pick up the ball and used his speed to go around the outside and managed a shot on net which was saved.

From what I saw, I see no reason why Laryea shouldn't earn himself a place on the Notts Forest bench.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

That's very optimistic, coming from a pessimist.