Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

17 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

He's going to the World Cup regardless of whether he plays big minutes in the first half of the season. I'd stick around at Forest if I were him.

The other thing is that wherever he goes, he does not have minutes assured. So might as well be training with an EPL team and fighting for minutes with it.

People are saying, "well send him on loan to a Championship team". Well he was just on a Championship team and didn't play, so he's a guy who can't get minutes in the Championship and you want to send him on loan there? That is not a formula for sure minutes.

He's a key player on a team going to the WC. Let them learn to respect it, him insisting on not taking a loan is just part of that.

11 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He subbed on m. 62 with a few others in a 0-0 draw. 

So is that good enough for those here: 30 minutes for an EPL team, or does he still have to go to Belgium to be a starter to make you happy?

It's one game in pre-season against a Championship side. But believe me, I want Laryea to stay at Nottingham Forest. I just don't want him riding pine like he did last season. He needs to be playing ahead of WC. If he can play regularly for Forest, that is as I've said in the past, the ideal situation. 

4 hours ago, RJB said:

Was Laryea signed by the manager, or was it a sporting director type person?  If the was signed by the manager then that bldes well for him sticking it out there. 

He was signed by the Director of Football, Kyriakos Dourekas (who was born in Montreal, and held the same position at Olympiacos)

Omar Richards just broke his leg.  Laryea going out on loan isn't guaranteed, especially if another wingback goes down.

I read this on twitter.  I just realized the guy who tweeted this out has 64 followers, so this may not be accurate..lol.

Edited by prairiecanuck

The fact that he still hasn't been loaned makes me suspect he's headed to MLS. Why drag it out with NF and have no chance to practice with a new team if he's going to another European team? Who knows what's actually going on, but this saga just seems to drag on with no indication from anyone whether a move is imminent or not.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

The fact that he still hasn't been loaned makes me suspect he's headed to MLS. Why drag it out with NF and have no chance to practice with a new team if he's going to another European team? Who knows what's actually going on, but this saga just seems to drag on with no indication from anyone whether a move is imminent or not.

I was thinking the fact he hasn't been loaned yet means NF might just keep him

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Transfers and loans tend to drag out. That is what is fun about them.

We have to learn to enjoy the dragging out, because there really is no other way.

How is this a saga?  He's only been there for half a season, why the panic?  I think he has plenty of time to play himself into a role.  Fair, he hasn't played much to date, but this season is much different than last season.  I'd really like him to stay and earn his spot - which I'm certain he can do.

Why would MLS be more likely if it drags out? They played him in the last friendly, so he’s not a total afterthought, and hearing both that he has many suitors in Europe and only one serious one (Dallas) in North America, I think he’s got a very good chance to stay abroad.

forrest are close to signing this guy- not sure how much it’ll affect Richie’s chances. seems like he’s mostly a left back.

6 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Why would MLS be more likely if it drags out? They played him in the last friendly, so he’s not a total afterthought, and hearing both that he has many suitors in Europe and only one serious one (Dallas) in North America, I think he’s got a very good chance to stay abroad.

forrest are close to signing this guy- not sure how much it’ll affect Richie’s chances. seems like he’s mostly a left back.

Per transfermarkt, he is only a LB. Would make sense, Richards backup (Ioannou) seems pretty no name. 

For Laryea, a loan to a Championship side very might come at the mercato deadline. Injuries and transfers will happen for the next 45 days. Would be better than MLS imo.

The whole thing from the time he got there just seems odd. First we get the leak that he wants to come back, then he's happy, but he gets no time until some garbage minutes at the end of the season. Then Cooper states publicly that he's going to be made available for loan, which seems a pretty good indication he's not in the near-term plans. Then he's training with the team and gets playing time in the friendly, unlike some other players who have been told they aren't going to figure in the future of the team (see Joe Lolley, Grabban etc.). From the outside, there certainly doesn't seem to be any urgency to get any deal done, or everyone's keeping unusually tight-lipped. There just seems to be some internal disagreement about his status.  

In my personal experience loan deals tend to get done at the end of windows when all the permanent deals are done. Some hinge on moving other players(wages and squad size) and loans tend to be last minute… transfer windows are horrible times for player agents and families … trust me I’ve been through a few…let’s hope Richie gets a good move or pushes himself into a place on NF…

Edited by spitfire

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The whole thing from the time he got there just seems odd. First we get the leak that he wants to come back, then he's happy, but he gets no time until some garbage minutes at the end of the season. Then Cooper states publicly that he's going to be made available for loan, which seems a pretty good indication he's not in the near-term plans. Then he's training with the team and gets playing time in the friendly, unlike some other players who have been told they aren't going to figure in the future of the team (see Joe Lolley, Grabban etc.). From the outside, there certainly doesn't seem to be any urgency to get any deal done, or everyone's keeping unusually tight-lipped. There just seems to be some internal disagreement about his status.  

Did Cooper say this? I only saw the loan rumours from The Athletic and I believe a TSN reporter

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Checked, I guess it wasn't Cooper. Just a media rumour.

From what I’ve read, Cooper has only said great things about him, it was tough to crack forest’s roster last season because they started going on a hot streak around the time he signed and they were aiming for promotion, so you obviously don’t want to change what’s working with the stakes being so high. I think making forest’s team this year would be ambitious for essentially an MLS player who took a gap year, but I think that door hasn’t slammed shut yet, at least until they sign someone to replace him, but I think they’re at least trying to give him a shot.