Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

From the article

Liverpool’s Neco Williams remains another primary target, with the Welsh international understood to be Forest’s first choice to fill the right-back slot, although he is also capable of playing on the left. Forest will face significant competition from Fulham for him. 

Middlesbrough are understood to have put a price tag of £20 million on Djed Spence, following his rampaging performances while on loan with Forest last season, which Forest believe is too high. Middlesbrough had previously valued him at around £12 million, which was viewed as more realistic. 

Forest are also monitoring Issa Kabore, the 21-year-old Manchester City right-back, who spent last season on loan at Troyes in France and is seen as being a similar character to Spence when he signed for the club last summer — a young man who is hungry to prove himself.

Forest are also keen to add a left-back, but they have moved on from Derby’s Lee Buchanan. Three separate bids had been made for Buchanan but, with the League One side having activated a clause to extend his contract to cover next season, Forest will look at alternative targets.

At a more senior level, Paraguay midfielder Braian Ojeda and Canada international Richie Laryea are also likely to be made available for loan, as Cooper shapes his squad for the coming campaign.

But, between now and the big kick-off at Newcastle on Saturday, August 6, there will be as much work done off the pitch as there is on it.

5 hours ago, narduch said:

TSN saying he will be loaned out but no specific clubs given.

Meanwhile NF and their coach have devalued him by nailing him to bench and not giving him a chance to show what he can do.  How much value or what kind of interest will there be in a player who has basically never played for NF, a second division side.  

The most logically loan would be back with TFC

Edited by Free kick

33 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Meanwhile NF and their coach have devalued him by nailing him to bench and not giving him a chance to show what he can do.  How much value or what kind of interest will there be in a player who has basically never played for NF, a second division side.  

The most logically loan would be back with TFC

Is a loan to the Caps out of the realm of possibility?  I think he'd be a massive pick up because it would force opponents to actually game plan some defending around his attacking threat, which they currently don't have to do against the incumbent wingbacks.

Make it happen, Axel!

5 hours ago, Free kick said:

...How much value or what kind of interest will there be in a player who has basically never played for NF, a second division side...

Still going to Qatar as a regular starter for the CMNT so suspect he'll land on his feet OK. Main thing is he needs to play regularly to safeguard his international career and Forest are still on the hook for his wages. Would't be surprised if he winds up in the English Championship again.

5 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Is a loan to the Caps out of the realm of possibility?  I think he'd be a massive pick up because it would force opponents to actually game plan some defending around his attacking threat, which they currently don't have to do against the incumbent wingbacks.

Make it happen, Axel!

That won’t happen.  He went to Europe for a reason.  

I get that a loan move is less exciting than the idea of playing in the EPL but after not getting any real playing time last season I just want him playing in the buildup to Qatar.  If that is with a middling Championship team or even a competitive team in another respectable European league, I won’t complain. I know he will show enough skill and athleticism to continue getting attention. 

Maybe not surprising given the earlier news, but Richie is not in Spain with the team.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2022/07/05/five-nottingham-forest-youngsters-included-in-pre-season-training-camp/

Now they seem to be after Yusuf Yazici, who I found to be rather underwhelming with Lille. Also seems funny that they wanted Kabore, a guy with one season at a bottom tier Ligue 1 team. I get that he has more potential upside at 21, but shows how little Brits rate North Americans.

Edited by Cicero

If it wasn't for Cooper saying what a great guy Richie was I would say there was a personality clash or something along those lines. I get that Laryea's defensive game is not great but how many FBs/WBs are these days? Not saying he is at the same level but look at TAA. Defensively he's awful. Dest is another example. Richie for Canada is one of our better players and the others all play in big leagues. I just hope he kills it on whichever club he is loaned to. He should be pumped to prove Cooper wrong.

Perhaps Richie is not at camp because they’ve acknowledged he’s so good that extra training isn’t worth it for him. Stay in Nottingham and work on some team marketing instead of risking heat stroke in Spain.

no, but I hope his situation is sorted out soon. He’s one of Canada’s best players and he’s pretty much had to take the year off. 

2 hours ago, SoccMan said:

What a disastrous situation, not even given a chance to fight for a position in camp . I guess we are all blind and we all have no clue on judging talent I guess . I get they are in the EPL now but they are treating  this guy like he is some Sunday beer league player. 

We have further proof this week (with the story that they were interested in Larin) that is all about arrogance and snobbery as opposed abilities and evaluation.  

Though they play different positions and fulfill different roles, there is not that much (if any) difference with respect to quality that Larin and Laryea can bring to a team overall.  I think that both are about the same age, both broke in through the same MLS side.  Only difference is that one spend the last three years in Turkey.  Otherwise he is the same guy who played alongside Larin in MLS.  But they want Larin for the Prem and want to keep in Laryea the second div,

9 minutes ago, Free kick said:

We have further proof this week (with the story that they were interested in Larin) that is all about arrogance and snobbery as opposed abilities and evaluation.  

Though they play different positions and fulfill different roles, there is not that much (if any) difference with respect to quality that Larin and Laryea can bring to a team overall.  I think that both are about the same age, both broke in through the same MLS side.  Only difference is that one spend the last three years in Turkey.  Otherwise he is the same guy who played alongside Larin in MLS.  But they want Larin for the Prem and want to keep in Laryea the second div,

IIRC the northern futbol guys implied that the nottingham forest rumor may have been confusion with the olympiakos rumor because of the owner, ie they don't think forest was ever interested in Larin.

A bit of a different perspective but honestly do we really think this about MLS/Canada snobbery?

He has been there since January? They have had a lot of time to judge his talent and fit into their system. I mean he trains there everyday. The coaches see him everyday and judge him based on those performance. Yes he has been amazing for Canada but he didn't he have a bit of a mixed year at TFC before the transfer?

Maybe there is something we aren't seeing? Something in training? 

What would be the reason for not giving him a try? It doesn't make sense financially..he's there they are paying him. If he's good enough you play. I believe that. I'm not naive enough to believe politics play don't play a part. Just saying.

And if he's not playing he needs to march into the managers office and ask what he needs to do to play.