Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

37 minutes ago, narduch said:

Pretty sure they will sell him or loan him if they promote 

I'm pretty much sick of the Forest hype, "Champions of Europe, too big for The Championship", I hope they get beat and either Laryea plays next season or they sell him! I get the patience and learning experience angle but he is not that young and has lots of experience, if he can't make the bench I would suspect they really don't rate/trust him and it might be best for all if he moves on!

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Pretty sure they will sell him or loan him if they promote 

I'm still not convinced of this, as disappointing as it is for him not to be on the bench right now. 

The Premier league, should they get there, could be a fresh page for all. Some players ahead of him, like Spence, may not be there. I am still taking a wait and see approach on this one. 

But if he does goes on loan, perhaps the loan opportunties are better with a Premier League team than a Championship one, so I am still hoping for them to promote today. Looks like they are up 1-0 at the moment. 

Game is going their way so far. These things happen sometimes. My pet theory is that the manager had very little to do with his signing, never really had much use for him as he already had a fixed starting XI and a few preferred subs doing well and only played him when he did so as not to be second guessed later if Middlesbrough had made the playoffs. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence basically.

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I'm still not convinced of this, as disappointing as it is for him not to be on the bench right now. 

The Premier league, should they get there, could be a fresh page for all. Some players ahead of him, like Spence, may not be there. I am still taking a wait and see approach on this one. 

But if he does goes on loan, perhaps the loan opportunties are better with a Premier League team than a Championship one, so I am still hoping for them to promote today. Looks like they are up 1-0 at the moment. 

Spence is on loan and bigger clubs want him. 

Max Lowe was added.  He was with the club all year and but hurt recently.  It's likely just rewarding a player with the team all year and someone who provides cover on the left, which is far more important.  The fans and likely the manager feel Spence is the best player on the team.  He's not coming out.  

Spence and Lowe are both players unlikely to be with Forest next year.  Colback is a veteran player with EPL and championship experience.  He's also turning 33 next year.  

Richie can play multiple positions.  The manager probably needs to see him play and get more comfortable with him before using him on the left side.  He will get playing time in pre-season and get opportunities to impress and earn trust.

We all know managers in England rarely make changes to in form clubs winning week in and week out.  Guess what.  Promoted teams that win a lot in the championship, lose a lot in the EPL.  It's highly likely Richie gets more opportunities in the EPL because managers will try anything to get results after a few losses.  It's incumbent upon Richie to seize those opportunities to get more playing time when they come.   Have some faith.  Let him fight for his position.  He will get opportunities.

I can't believe people are actively cheering for Forest to lose believing this will be the best outcome for Richie.     

3 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

If they go up Forest will use the extra TV and sponsors money they know is coming their way to upgrade in a big way in the transfer market. Players that don't make the bench for this game are unlikely to be much of a factor.

Players who have the quality to play in the EPL, play in the EPL.  I mean lots of players who don't have the quality are still given opportunities to play in the EPL. 

If you don't have the confidence in Laryea and you don't think he's a good enough player for the EPL.  Fine.  I'll take the other side of that one. 

2 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

...If you don't have the confidence in Laryea and you don't think he's a good enough player for the EPL...

What I think is neither here nor there. It's what Steve Cooper thinks that matters. Go back a few pages and you'll see how my views on where he should fit in with Forest in the context of the Championship went down with one of their fans and that might give you an idea of the mentality a Canadian player is up against in a UK context even in 2022.

3 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

What I think is neither here nor there. It's what Steve Cooper thinks that matters. Go back a few pages and you'll see how my views on where he should fit in with Forest in the context of the Championship went down with one of their fans and that might give you an idea of the mentality a Canadian player is up against in a UK context even in 2022.

What Steve Cooper thinks today and what he thinks tomorrow if Spence is not with the team, or if the team has lost 3 matches in a row in the EPL could be very different.  I'm not a chicken little debbie downer.  I believe in the player.

Does anyone in here think Richie is sitting watching this game with his fingers crossed that Forest lose this game?  No way.  He wants Forest to win today and so do I.  

...and up Forest go. Richie Laryea and his agent need to try to find a way for him to wind up with a club where he will have regular playing time next season or he could have a problem getting into the CMNT starting lineup in Qatar. That will no doubt initially revolve around finding out where he fits in Steve Cooper's plans.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

1 minute ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

...and up Forest go. Richie Laryea and his agent need to try to find a way for him to wind up with a club where he will have regular playing time next season or he could have a problem getting into the CMNT starting lineup in Qatar. That will no doubt initially revolve around finding out where he fits in Steve Cooper's plans.

Or he could just get playing time with Forest in league with arguably the highest competition in professional football that will best prepare him for Qatar.  

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

People thinking he should change clubs because he didn't make the bench today, really no idea. 

He's under contract isn't he? Being paid? 

Why should the sub and bench rules of the 2nd division matter now he's in the first? 

It's typical Voyageur pessimism. I know I'm guilty of it sometimes too.

Really it's pretty normal for promoting clubs to shed players they feel won't cut it in the next level

Edited by narduch

I hate players flitting around to different clubs for both club and country (I think we get the best performances out of players if they have an at least semi-settled club situtation.) I want Laryea to stay but obviously play.  The chance of people like Spence staying, just went up a lot, which means the chance of Laryea playing is less. 

19 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

I believe in the player.

Believing in the player and wanting a situation that maximises their chance of showing what they can do are, obviously, not mutually exclusive. It takes an injury or transfer sometimes, we all know that and have seen in the last few years with our best players.

Related to that.

I am not convinced that Spence is a Premier League star, especially not in the near future.  He will not be bigger, stronger, and faster than everyone he faces in the Premier League.  He needs to prove he has more than that. He keeps making those run, losing the ball and being out of position, the better team will certainly punish Forest. And I think upper Premier League clubs will wait on seeing that as well.  Just my opinion, but Forest could certainly keep him.