Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Would have been nice for Richie to come on, but got to like the result and call this a good development.

Do away goals apply here?

Unfortunately for Richie, unless injury occurs, or we end up being in a losing position at some point in the second leg (Tuesday 1945hrs UK time, so I think 1445hrs Eastern Time in Canada) then he probably will stay on the bench in the next game too.

These play-off games are so intense and Sheff Utd's biggest threats come from wide positions - so we are very unlikely to make a change there. 

NF have now made a 3rd sub, not sure if their rules allow for an extra sub in ET like many other leagues seem to do - this league only allows 3 when everyone else is at 5, so not sure. Sheffield have only made two, Jebbison not one of them.

1 minute ago, K Edgar said:

If Forest win promotion then what will happen to Laryea?  Not getting playing time in Championship, certainly won't expect him to get on the field in Premiership?

Especially since if Forest are promoted they may be able to keep Spence - in that case I would have to assume they would try to loan Laryea out to a Championship squad.

Either way it doesn’t strike me as likely that he’ll be in the Premier League next season unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Especially since if Forest are promoted they may be able to keep Spence - in that case I would have to assume they would try to loan Laryea out to a Championship squad.

Either way it doesn’t strike me as likely that he’ll be in the Premier League next season unfortunately.

laryea needs to fire hes agent for sending him to nottingham he wont play in the prem

5 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

If Forest win promotion then what will happen to Laryea?  Not getting playing time in Championship, certainly won't expect him to get on the field in Premiership?

Remains to be seen, but I remain hopeful. Forest have no margin for error at the moment and Laryea has given a solid, but very small sample size of what he can do. I would like to think the reset button gets hit in the off season.

43 minutes ago, narduch said:

Its also possible they have a manager change.

That might work in Laryea's favour

They aren't changing manager if they go up surely? That would be bold (maybe prudent) but they will bare a ton of badwill from the press and fans. He has taken them from 19th to potentially the premier league in his first season. Would be harsh in the extreme, prudent or not!

I think Ritchie will be OK. He was bought thinking Spence was getting recalled from loan and they certainly won't be able to afford Spence next season. At worst I think Ritchie will get a championship loan or remain a squad player in the EPL. I think he will get his chance. He is suited to the PL and he has just been very carefully acclimatized with and in form set of full backs keeping him out.

Just now, toontownman said:

They aren't changing manager if they go up surely? That would be bold (maybe prudent) but they will bare a ton of badwill from the press and fans. He has taken them from 19th to potentially the premier league in his first season. Would be harsh in the extreme, prudent or not!

I think Ritchie will be OK. He was bought thinking Spence was getting recalled from loan and they certainly won't be able to afford Spence next season. At worst I think Ritchie will get a championship loan or remain a squad player in the EPL. I think he will get his chance. He is suited to the PL and he has just been very carefully acclimatized with and in form set of full backs keeping him out.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a bigger club poaching him.

• 2 weeks later...

That is pretty discouraging.  I have tried to be optimistic, and was hopeful that things would turn around but this is pretty baffling.  It isn’t like he has been detrimental when he has had brief minutes - he always seems like he is ready to contribute and has had some good attacking plays in his short time on the pitch.  Seems like it is in his best interest to go elsewhere - I know he has enough quality to make a contribution at the Championship level.