Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

2 hours ago, rydermike said:

Fair enough. I didn't see that post. I feel there's alot of "Canadian blinders" on this forum from many posters. It's why many times I'm hesitant to post anything that's not completely positive on this board. (For example, the comments I see on the Marcelo Flores thread can get to be a bit much sometimes considering he's still just a teen.) I didn't mean my post here as a critique on you as poster, I think it was after many "over the top Canada/anti-anything else" posts on different players/threads by many posters, I finally said something on this thread, it just happened to be on one of your posts

Its ok if you want to say mean things about Flores, if he's old enough to get married, drink, vote, serve in the army, try to twist a couple of soccer federations arms then i'm sure he'll survive anything we say about him.  I love the TOO LONG/DIDNT READ synopsis of your previous post....I'll remember to do that when I get rambling....

6 hours ago, rydermike said:

Fair enough. I didn't see that post. I feel there's alot of "Canadian blinders" on this forum from many posters. It's why many times I'm hesitant to post anything that's not completely positive on this board. (For example, the comments I see on the Marcelo Flores thread can get to be a bit much sometimes considering he's still just a teen.) I didn't mean my post here as a critique on you as poster, I think it was after many "over the top Canada/anti-anything else" posts on different players/threads by many posters, I finally said something on this thread, it just happened to be on one of your posts

The Bird (I still will not utter its name) was disparaged in that thread because he was commenting on CPL being Division 5 in England when we were discussing how MLS and CPL are both considered Division 1 in Canada for Voyageur Cup draw purposes, no other reason.  He's just changing the subject to fit his agenda and make himself look better, again.  I was the one who took offence to his comment then, and I still own it now.  No Canadian blinders, just him off topic and doing that again now.

I didn't see your comments earlier as an attack, by the way, though I may have missed your original unedited post. I find you have good points in a lot of your posts when you do put something up.

On topic, I'm glad Laryea finally has been getting playing time.  

Edited by Trois Reds
back on topic...

16 minutes ago, Trois Reds said:

I didn't see your comments earlier as an attack, by the way, though I may have missed your original unedited post. 

It was a reference to me using the phrase "no need to attack Red Dog", not my post being "attacking". I switched it to the word critique afterwards. 

Thanks for the compliment about my other posts. Appreciate it. 

Edited by rydermike

10 hours ago, HochelagaFC said:

I am no expert but I would say that his pass accuracy, dribble success, fouls drawn and ground duels looks good. 

The dribble success stat needs more context. Was he an unbelievable 10/10 with dribbles to garner that 100%, or was he 1/1?

The Hull City highlights have gone with the temporary Garth Wheeler pronunciation of his name:

8 hours ago, Floortom said:

Went to some Forest supporters forums and the consensus is that Richie had a very solid performance. Nothing spectacular or anything but for his first meaningful minutes in a long time it sounds positive.

He hasn't looked out of place in the octagon against regular World Cup qualifiers like the United States, Mexico and Costa Rica and we are expecting him to be a starter against Croatia and Belgium in the not too distant future. Something would be seriously out of whack if Hull City were a bridge too far for him as an opponent.

17 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Nottingham Forest 1 Sheffield United 0 HT

Forest dominating, Brennan Johnson is useless squandering chances.  You get the feeling Forest is going to blow this.

Three yellow cards for NF, we might see Richie today

Comment I read on a West Ham board re: maybe signing him.  "He has one of those punchable faces of a player that will definitely end up at Spurs." 

8 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Comment I read on a West Ham board re: maybe signing him.  "He has one of those punchable faces of a player that will definitely end up at Spurs." 

I can agree with that, reminds me of a combination of Landon Donovan/Christian Pulisic. Quite punchable indeed. :)

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

2 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I can agree with that, reminds me of a combination of Landon Donovan/Christian Pulisic. Quite punchable indeed. :)

Many people use to say Will Johnson had the most punchable face in MLS.

Even though he's our guy that always made me laugh as I found it weirdly accurate.