Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

25 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Good game this.

Even if you have mixed feelings about a winner, like me.

Forest support in full voice.

Forest are a very good team. It’s understandable that Laryea hasn’t cracked the lineup yet. It also lends credence to the fact that the top end Championship teams are well clear of MLS teams.

18 hours ago, frmr said:

Forest are a very good team. It’s understandable that Laryea hasn’t cracked the lineup yet. It also lends credence to the fact that the top end Championship teams are well clear of MLS teams.

You're right on.  I'm just shocked that some people still consider Championship a regular old 2nd division that we MLS fans can just raise a nose to.

10 minutes ago, costarg said:

You're right on.  I'm just shocked that some people still consider Championship a regular old 2nd division that we MLS fans can just raise a nose to.

I appreciate some think that was a good performance, and I guess it was considering the rival. But the football was poor for the most part, a few hundred boot it up the field plays, plenty of drive up the wing and cross long-- and lots of push, drive and heart. Championship stuff. Liverpool played at 75% capacity, some players coasted and Forest was orderly and disciplined at the back. Which of those guys at Forest do you think could play in EPL? Maybe Garner, also because of his age, probably the best prospect? I suppose the American keeper?

On that lovely ball through for the possible penalty (which I agree was not, but those do get called), I don't get why the attacker did not just try to round him and score, seemed Allison was not trying to take him down and the play was his to make).

IMO it was not a good football match, not particularly.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

8 minutes ago, Floortom said:

That was Laryea’s best match of the Octagonal IMO. He almost certainly has a bit of a chip on his shoulder due to the lack of playing time. 
unfortunately I’m assuming he won’t be able to start against Jamaica.

Well because he's on a yellow and if he gets another misses the Panama game

2 minutes ago, QBCS said:

Wow, Not playing all season and just hops on the field and gets MOTM with players like larin, and david with him. If that doesnt make Nottingham do a double take I dont know what will.

As much as I loved Richie's play last night, I am not sure it will have much of an impact on his situation at NF.  I think they will still be driven by squad familiarity and the need to avoid risks in an effort to clinch. 

20 minutes ago, Floortom said:

unfortunately I’m assuming he won’t be able to start against Jamaica.

Why is this the case?  Of all our players, there are a few that feel like they could run a marathon one day, then wake up and do it all over again the next.  Richie is one of them.  Despite not playing, he looked to be in his typical ridiculous-level of conditioning, so not sure I would write him off as a starter Sunday.  

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

As much as I loved Richie's play last night, I am not sure it will have much of an impact on his situation at NF.  I think they will still be driven by squad familiarity and the need to avoid risks in an effort to clinch. 

Why is this the case?  Of all our players, there are a few that feel like they could run a marathon one day, then wake up and do it all over again the next.  Richie is one of them.  Despite not playing, he looked to be in his typical ridiculous-level of conditioning, so not sure I would write him off as a starter Sunday.  

Just seems a big risk to play start a guy fresh off of match where he ran his ass off for 90+ minutes when he hasn’t otherwise played in months. Adekugbe is back too so he can slot in on the left and we’re well covered on the right so would make more sense to me to rest him. We’ll see though.