Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

6 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I thought their left back was injured?

Yea, I just looked at the lineup and they went with a midfielder at the LWB role.  Mind you, it is Jack Colback who have over a 150 premier league games under his belt.  Regardless, it does not bode well that they trust a midfielder to play a wingback role over Richie.  Unless Colback has suddenly become more of a wide player.

Colback is probably playing more as an inverted winger almost like Osorio has played in years past.  Unfortunately, I am not watching the game so I cannot be too sure.

Edited by Corazon

56 minutes ago, Obinna said:

That's so English Championship. Tough as nails!

It is a very tough and competitive league, any team beats any team on the day, results can be all over the place, I didn't like the 5 sub rule when it was implemented but now that it is used almost everywhere it seems strange only having 3 subs, it really changes strategies!

On 3/16/2022 at 6:12 PM, gator said:

It is a very tough and competitive league, any team beats any team on the day, results can be all over the place, I didn't like the 5 sub rule when it was implemented but now that it is used almost everywhere it seems strange only having 3 subs, it really changes strategies!

Forest has been on quite the run.  When Ritchie transferred it seemed like a possibility, but a long shot that they made the playoffs for promotion.  Now sitting 8th, but 3 points out of 4th with games at hand it seems very likely they will be in the playoffs for promotion.   Forest vs Liverpool would be a fun one for Ritchie to make his debut, but that's probably not going to happen..lol.

I love Laryea, but his inclusion (as was expected) is an example of the lack of top quality depth in our player pool. He has been an integral part of our success in WCQ to date (the Jan window being questionable) however we do need to continue to build up the player pool. It's unfortunate that ZBG has not played as many minutes for CFM this season as he would have been the player to step into that starting RWB spot given Laryea's lack of playing time since the last window

11 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I love Laryea, but his inclusion (as was expected) is an example of the lack of top quality depth in our player pool. He has been an integral part of our success in WCQ to date (the Jan window being questionable) however we do need to continue to build up the player pool. It's unfortunate that ZBG has not played as many minutes for CFM this season as he would have been the player to step into that starting RWB spot given Laryea's lack of playing time since the last window

We have a crap ton of RWB/RBs the issue is a number of them are either very young, are used in a different position for us, or are simply still too unproven. That will change with time.

The RB position for us has only emerged since 2019. Laryea was a revelation that we've been riding for three years. This is a position that we've struggled with historically.

Just now, VinceA said:

We have a crap ton of RWB/RBs the issue is a number of them are either very young, are used in a different position for us, or are simply still too unproven. That will change with time.

The RB position for us has only emerged since 2019. Laryea was a revelation that we've been riding for three years. This is a position that we've struggled with historically.

We are way better off now than when Ledgerwood was being used as a RB, but for a team that is currently in first place in WCQ we are still pretty thin at certain positions and by this I mean players that can easily replace our established starters. JH will need to blood some new players in NL to really see what the next tier can bring  in case of injuries etc leading up to Qatar

5 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I will add, Laryea could be a bat out of hell this window for us and ball out and dominate, taking out that lack-of-playing-time-at-Nottingham rage on CONCACAF which could be wonderful.

He certainly will be motivated to show his gaffer at NF what he can do

Just now, Kadenge said:

We are way better off now than when Ledgerwood was being used as a RB, but for a team that is currently in first place in WCQ we are still pretty thin at certain positions and by this I mean players that can easily replace our established starters. JH will need to blood some new players in NL to really see what the next tier can bring  in case of injuries etc leading up to Qatar

And I think he will for Nations League. I think one issue Herdman has created for himself is that at that wide position in particular, he's sees RWB as a potential hybrid position so while Laryea is the best suited for it, he views it as he has three options (Johnston, Laryea and Buchanon) so perhaps he doesn't feel its as thin as we do.

10 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Isn’t that kind of expected for most countries? We’ve grown dramatically, but we’ll never have the quality of depth of the giants. I appreciate your point but we’re still building as a team

29 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think people have to remember that a quality national team is better than the sum of its parts.  Because if this was on paper, we shouldn't be 4 points ahead of Mexico or the US, but we are.

Exactly. For example, Cyle Larin has been the most effective striker in the Ocho. But he is not the best striker in CONCACAF, or even on the Canadian team. Systems, coaching, attitude, etc. all matter a lot when the time spent together is so short.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Ohh come on!  Admit it!  You're also poking the guys who are claiming a 22yr old CB with 74 Championship starts isn't good enough for CANMNT.

I thought it was pretty clear that's why he was being sarcastic lol

Also, for the record, I don't think @Free kick or anyone else was saying he's not good enough for the national team.