Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

5 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Pretty disrespectful to Laryea but on track with your other takes on the "WaLkInG rEd CaRd' so not surprising. 

I suspect his take also has something to do with us being biased to players in England. Not sure how, but it fits his MO.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

These two things are likely related.

Also, I have never heard complaints of the way Tabla trained.

Last year Nancy went public a number of times with that very  critique of Tabla. It hit all the major sports media in the city. I can understand that news tidbit not making it to your neck of the woods. Actually, I can remember an instance last year where Nancy dressed one player less than  usual. He did it because of injuries and Tabla. When asked about it his reply was that Tabla didn't merit being in uniform because of the way he trained.

Edited by Sal333

9 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Last year Nancy went public a number of times with that very  critique of Tabla. It hit all the major sports media in the city. I can understand that news tidbit not making it to your neck of the woods. Actually, I can remember an instance last year where Nancy dressed one player less than  usual. He did it because of injuries and Tabla. When asked about it his reply was that Tabla didn't merit being in uniform because of the way he trained.

Now that you mention it this sounds familiar. Thanks

For some weird reason I can't quote people...

Just have to say to @HochelagaFC, you are mistaken: if want to argue Tabla's last 4 coaches criticised him, at least get them right.

Maybe folks should be asking about club culture. In Spain, at Barça and Albacete, Tabla was never criticised publicly by a coach, ever. When playing regularly, and when playing sparsely. That his Impact coaches were particularly vocal makes you wonder about the sort of ethos there. 

NB: nor has Laryea's coach said a word about him. Even Eustaquio's has been extremely discreet, only answering when asked about that weird sub. But lending credence to coaches at Impact to make a definitive statement about a player: maybe, just maybe, these guys were looking for excuses.

Doesn't really matter: new clubs can often mean new challenges, and not all transfers are easy fits. And mid-season transfers are notoriously hard to make work. As a Barça fan I can honestly say that in over 30 years here I can only remember one that worked, Edgar Davids. Albertini was acceptable. This year we have three that are clicking amazingly, but it is not at all common.

I am pretty sure things will work out for Richie. For one, like with Stephen, in about 3 weeks they'll be returning to their clubs having qualified for the World Cup. For Portugal, he may be going when Porto NT members are on the outside looking in. At Notts Forest, Richie will be an exception. Yes, it's bragging rights, damn right. I just hope their community managers celebrate each achievement so fans can keep asking why a guy going to the WC can't get minutes on their respective teams.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

52 minutes ago, HochelagaFC said:

Lol, check your facts. Since Tabla came back with MTL he was coached by Rémi Garde, Wilmer Cabrera, Thierry Henry and Wilfried Nancy, just like I said. 

OK so I was wrong, but was also right. I hadn't included Garde who was defenestrated shortly after Tabla rejoined. So he outlasted 3/4 coaches, not bad. It's not like the coaches were shining and he was the only dull spot. Maybe they should have played him more. Maybe they should have shut up like Laryea's coach at Forest or Stephen's at Porto. 

Anyways, he also played for our Olympic team last year, and quite well. No complaint from the coach BTW, a coach, Biello, you didn't count. 

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

OK so I was wrong, but was also right. I hadn't included Garde who was defenestrated shortly after Tabla rejoined. So he outlasted 3/4 coaches, not bad. It's not like the coaches were shining and he was the only dull spot. Maybe they should have played him more. Maybe they should have shut up like Laryea's coach at Forest or Stephen's at Porto. 

Anyways, he also played for our Olympic team last year, and quite well. No complaint from the coach BTW, a coach, Biello, you didn't count. 

Tabla's 2 goals in last year's Voyageurs Cup point to the fact he may have beennhard done by in Montreal 

39 minutes ago, narduch said:

Tabla's 2 goals in last year's Voyageurs Cup point to the fact he may have beennhard done by in Montreal 

I have thought about this previously. Tabla had a massive game in that V cup with 2 big goals and he was not rewarded with any playing time in Montreal's next game. If a player has a big game but does not work hard during practice between games does it warrant no playing time in that next game?  Weird

34 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I have thought about this previously. Tabla had a massive game in that V cup with 2 big goals and he was not rewarded with any playing time in Montreal's next game. If a player has a big game but does not work hard during practice between games does it warrant no playing time in that next game?  Weird

Not everyone practices in the same terms as they play. 

In fact I made this exact argument referring to Laryea about 3 days ago: maybe you can't see the player's virtues unless you play him, because the training ground does not always give you a clear idea. 

But we're talking about the Championship (or in my analogy with Tabla, Spain 2nd division). There's a lot of illustrated Neanderthalism in the sort of coaching you get in those second tiers, they are under the sort of pressure that rarely gives you shining examples of quality football (every so often a team runs away with a 2nd tier playing fine football, but it is rare). That is why you should have done your due diligence and scouted the damn guy to have a clear idea of what you were getting. 

Fortunately, with Richie, he'll be going into WC qualifying, and if they were too obtuse to give him minutes before, they'll have to be seriously dumbass to have a guy going to the WC sitting on the bench while struggling to squeeze into 6th spot amidst a fixture overload.

4 hours ago, HochelagaFC said:

Lol, check your facts. Since Tabla came back with MTL he was coached by Rémi Garde, Wilmer Cabrera, Thierry Henry and Wilfried Nancy, just like I said. 

Gotta say, of those coaches... Garde wasn't exactly rotating very much if I remember correctly, started well, but became a train wreck pretty quick.  Much like Dos Santos, just wanted to play the guys that he thought would get him a result without taking too many chances.  Cabrera, not much to say, same situation, was a rent a coach and tried to make the most for himself.  Henry was the worst of them all, he trashed quite a few guys and made himself look like an even bigger jerk.  Nancy is the only guy that I really trust in the bunch, and he's also a rookie.  Ballou loves Nancy and has praised him often, regardless of what Nancy said to the journalists. 

So I still don't know what or who to believe.  All I do know is the guy is amazing on the field.  He's barely played the past two years and still stands out when he's in there.  The talent is immense.  

On 3/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, RS said:

MLS transfer window is open until May 4.

Hmm, last Nottingham match is May 7th for the season. Wonder if we could get him back for the summer.

Doesn't look like DAZN or anyone else here is showing the Nottingham/QPR game. Half-time now - no subs. QPR up by 1.

QPR is a team they need to beat, if they have any hope of making the playoffs ... Forest has slipped to 10th now based on current results.

Spence just keeps on performing.  I know it's been said but their current outside backs are playing unreal in 2022.  Glad he made the bench and hopefully will get some playing time soon but hard to crack the current squad given the players in his position and the way the team is playing.

I believe Spence has 2 goals and 4 assists in the past 6 weeks alone since Richie joined the squad.

Edited by Corazon

9 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Spence just keeps on performing.  I know it's been said but their current outside backs are playing unreal in 2022.  Glad he made the bench and hopefully will get some playing time soon but hard to crack the current squad given the players in his position and the way the team is playing.

I thought their left back was injured?