Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

I doubt either Eustaquio or Laryea would be willing to skip out on the qualifying game or the celebration in Toronto.  Laryea has done enough over the past couple of years for Canada to get the benefit of the doubt but he is no Davies and will not be automatically given a spot in this squad.  It will be interesting to see if a player like ZBG can stake a claim at that RWB role for March or even the Nations League (assuming Laryea continues to be left out of game day squads).

I also agree with the sentiments above about his performances this last window.

If Cava is getting call ups despite his abysmal form, Laryea will get call-ups. The claim that you have to play and perform to get called up has kinda proven to be bs. Herdman has his guys. If form was actually a factor, Paton would have seen minutes over Fraser this past window.

we've just been lucky that everyone for the most part has performed in a Canada shirt.

Edited by VinceA

28 minutes ago, VinceA said:

If Cava is getting call ups despite his abysmal form, Laryea will get call-ups. The claim that you have to play and perform to get called up has kinda proven to be bs. Herdman has his guys. If form was actually a factor, Paton would have seen minutes over Fraser this past window.

we've just been lucky that everyone for the most part has performed in a Canada shirt.

I agree, but Cav was at least playing when healthy and in season.  Not that I don't think Laryea isn't going to get called because I don't believe that at all.  However, in 12 months Cavallini went from starting for Canada to now about ,6th, 7th or 8th at our attacking depth because of his lack of form while playing with Vancouver last season.

3 hours ago, pod818 said:

How’s does this affect a call up for Richie in March?

The other way of looking at it is that while he isn’t playing, he will have been consistently training for game-level fitness since his move in January.   We will know later today how fit the MLS guys are but I think Richie is in solid shape for a prominent role next month.  

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Does he get intonthe squad mid-week for their FA Cup match?

I think that will be telling. There should be some rotation right?

Forest next league game is against Sheffield United wich is the parent club of Max Lowe the starting left back and I don’t think he can play that game. If that is the case Richie should play, we’ll see.

48 minutes ago, HochelagaFC said:

Forest next league game is against Sheffield United wich is the parent club of Max Lowe the starting left back and I don’t think he can play that game. If that is the case Richie should play, we’ll see.

Think he can play if Sheffield U agree

This is ridiculous.  We have seen this player numerous times now to get a good read of what he is capable of in relation to his peers on the CMNT and with TFC.   The quality that he delivers is something like X minus 1 or 2 from someone like Phonzie and David.  But the gap in quality between Bayern Munich/Lille and Notts Forest is something like X minus 5 or 6 or 7.   Yet,  Laryea cant get minutes with this club?   If you follow int'l soccer, you should know the players on Bayern Munich and some on Lille.   But i dont know anyone on Nott forest.  There is no one on that club's roster who will be playing at the WC. What does this tell us that he cant get off the bench for an English second division club?   

I hate to repeat myself and I really wish it wasn't i didn't have to come to this conclusion.   And its that after all these years of following our players overseas and noting the distinct progress of our players who go to England and our player who go else where on the continent, it pretty obvious that:  anytime our players go to England,  their career gets screwed or stalled.   They stagnate.  they never get to move up even when their clubs get promoted .  Before someone respond about this and and that guy BS and other outliers examples,  I am sorry but this is a consistent pattern that you cant deny.  Canadian players who go to play in Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal, Holland...etc  (any where else in the continent) progress in their careers.  They come back to play for our MNT as better players.  But not if they're in England.    Is it just an English bias against American and Canadian players?  I dont know.  But i cant help but to come to that conclusion.   

I also cant help but wonder what might have been of the like of Jamie Peter,  Peschisolido,  Devos, Brennan and countless others, had they gone somewhere else.  Is it any wonder that someone like Jordan Morris spurned the interest from similar clubs in England.   I wonder if agents caution their clients about these kind of moves.

Edited by Free kick

25 minutes ago, Free kick said:

This is ridiculous.  We have seen this player numerous times now to get a good read of what he is capable of in relation to his peers on the CMNT and with TFC.   The quality that he delivers is something like X minus 1 or 2 from someone like Phonzie and David.  But the gap in quality between Bayern Munich/Lille and Notts Forest is something like X minus 5 or 6 or 7.   Yet,  Laryea cant get minutes with this club?   If you follow int'l soccer, you should know the players on Bayern Munich and some on Lille.   But i dont know anyone on Nott forest.   What does this tell us that he cant get off the bench for an English second division club?   

I hate to repeat myself and I really wish it wasn't i didn't have to come to this conclusion.   And its that after all these years of following our players overseas and noting the distinct progress of our players who go to England and our player who go else where on the continent, it pretty obvious that:  anytime our players go to England,  their career gets screwed or stalled.   They stagnate.  they never get to move up even when their clubs get promoted .  Before someone respond about this and and that guy BS and other outliers examples,  I am sorry but this is a consistent pattern that you cant deny.  Canadian players who go to play in Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal, Holland...etc  (any where else in the continent) progress in their careers.  They come back to play for our MNT as better players.  But not if they're in England.    Is it just an English bias against North American players?  I dont know.  But i cant help but to come to that conclusion.   

I cant help but wonder what might have been of the like of Jamie Peter,  Peschisolido,  Devos, Brennan and countless others, had they gone somewhere else.  Is it any wonder that someone like Jordan Morris spurned the interest from similar clubs in England.   

Your not wrong , I’ll just give it a bit more time with Laryea , however, unless we are missing something I just find it very odd that he hasn’t even dressed for the last few games. You spend a million dollars on a player for a reason because you think he has quality , therefore, you find times in a game where you can put him in to give him a chance to play and see what he can do . Like I said let’s give it more time and see what happens.

He may still end up getting a lot of playing time but this is the exact reason why I hate as soon as any player starts performing well in North America the reflexive response is to want him to go to "Europe". MLS is as competitive a league outside of top 5 Euro leagues and some top teams from some 2nd tier leagues. Any move up to those leagues/teams will also come with a huge risk of warming the bench.