Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

While it is disappointing not to see guys like Lareya and Eustaquio play this week for their clubs, this is part of the challenge of moving up a level and fighting for a spot. We know their quality, and I am confident they will force themselves into the team. I think in the long run it helps these guys. 

Larin did it at Besiktas when he moved from Orlando. Had to go out on loan even, but eventually won his spot and look at him now. Same with Davies at Bayern. He played with the reserves for a bit but earned his opportunity with the first team and the rest is history.

Fighting for playing time at bigger clubs will be good for these guys!

Edited by Bertuzzi44

44 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

While it is disappointing not to see guys like Lareya and Eustaquio play this week for their clubs, this is part of the challenge of moving up a level and fighting for a spot. We know their quality, and I am confident they will force themselves into the team. I think in the long run it helps these guys. 

Larin did it at Besiktas when he moved from Orlando. Had to go out on loan even, but eventually won his spot and look at him now. Same with Davies at Bayern. He played with the reserves for a bit but earned his opportunity with the first team and the rest is history.

Fighting for playing time at bigger clubs will be good for these guys!

10 days since El Salvador, dramatising a bit I'd say. I think the normal wait is weeks, a few months maybe. The coach hasn't even seen you train more than a few sessions. 

Phonzie only really started playing at Bayern thanks to injuries. 

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

10 days since El Salvador, dramatising a bit I'd say. I think the normal wait is weeks, a few months maybe. The coach hasn't even seen you train more than a few sessions. 

Phonzie only really started playing at Bayern thanks to injuries. 

Injuries helped give him an opportunity, but he still had to take that opportunity. If he was really bad Bayern wouldn't have kept playing him. Especially at 18/19 years old.

Who knows what will give you an opportunity: injuries, congested schedule, someone else falling out of form, or someone showing well in training. But you still need to take those opportunities.

It’s a bit annoying to see Laryea not getting a chance yet but it’s early days. I’m glad we have qualification all but locked up though. It would be a bit more worrying to see Laryea/Eustaquio not really getting playing time if we needed a big window in March. Same goes for Davies with his recovery timeline. The important thing now is to have everyone playing and in form come November now, assuming we still qualify.

19 minutes ago, archer21 said:

It’s a bit annoying to see Laryea not getting a chance yet but it’s early days. I’m glad we have qualification all but locked up though. It would be a bit more worrying to see Laryea/Eustaquio not really getting playing time if we needed a big window in March. Same goes for Davies with his recovery timeline. The important thing now is to have everyone playing and in form come November now, assuming we still qualify.

Exactly 💯 and I definitely wanna see Richie playing meaningful games in the English Championship. But it is just a shame his club of Nottingham Forest is not in the running to be promoted from the Championship into the Premier League. Checking the standings and Forest they are 7th in the English Championship right now.

23 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Exactly 💯 and I definitely wanna see Richie playing meaningful games in the English Championship. But it is just a shame his club of Nottingham Forest is not in the running to be promoted from the Championship into the Premier League. Checking the standings and Forest they are 7th in the English Championship right now.

It is very much in the running, that is the whole point. 

3 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

They're 3 pts out of a play-off position with a game in hand... they're very much in the hunt right now

2 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

They're 3 pts out of a play-off position with a game in hand... they're very much in the hunt right now

If this is true, then hey look I definitely want to see Forest make the playoffs because then and only then if they do and they win it all, Laryea would have a real chance at Premier League action.

39 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

If this is true, then hey look I definitely want to see Forest make the playoffs because then and only then if they do and they win it all, Laryea would have a real chance at Premier League action.

lol it's true and verifiable 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/standings/_/league/eng.2

Edited by king1010

41 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

They are definitely still in the race, but I think Forest's promotion chances are unlikely. 

Of course, anything can happen if they make the playoffs, but they are not in a play off spot at the moment, so they have to be considered as outsiders for promotion.

They are sniffing at a playoff spot though.

Even just qualifying for the playoffs would be excellent experience for Laryea if he can play in those playoff games. 

On 2/9/2022 at 4:12 PM, Obinna said:

Spence is on loan from Middlebrough. There's talk an EPL team may swoop in for him, but he's not their property anyway as far as I can tell, so either way he's likely to move on regardless. 

off topic, but Jamaica FA is after this kid Spence. He's looked really good from what I've seen with Forest. It would be a huge win for them if he commits. Might we see him at BMO in March?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17644802/djed-spence-wanted-jamaica-england/

13 minutes ago, pod818 said:

off topic, but Jamaica FA is after this kid Spence. He's looked really good from what I've seen with Forest. It would be a huge win for them if he commits. Might we see him at BMO in March?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17644802/djed-spence-wanted-jamaica-england/

Good find. Never knew he was eligible for them. Seems unlikely for March imo

12 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Yeah the JFF drag their feet way too much on these players.

For sure, but aside from that consider the point of the cycle we are in. Jamaica are out and have nothing to play for. What's the carrot for Spence or others for that matter? Nations league this summer? I doubt that's a big enough pull for such a player.

If anything, we are now in the point of the cycle where Jamaican-English players start turning down calls to re-focus on club ball.

This has always been the paradox with Jamaican football: Improve the team in the short term by bringing in more talented English players with questionable commitment levels, which ultimately harms the team in the long term?

Edited by Obinna

17 hours ago, VinceA said:

Yeah the JFF drag their feet way too much on these players.

I don't think it's an issue of dragging their feet - these players just don't want to play for them and certainly not now that they're eliminated. Spence can, and will, play for England U21s.

The JFF may now actually have a shot at Mason Greenwood though. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I don't think it's an issue of dragging their feet - these players just don't want to play for them and certainly not now that they're eliminated. Spence can, and will, play for England U21s.

The JFF may now actually have a shot at Mason Greenwood though. 

this is true in some respects but following Imax and Simon Preston lately it seems like there are many guys who would have loved to be playing for Jamaica ages ago but only recently do they finally get called and get their documents sorted and way past their primes. Apparently Anthony Grant had wanted to play for Jamaica for years.

Simon has mentioned as well many guys should have been integrated in 2019 but there were was still confusion over how to proceed with the squad building. Just seems like a total shitshow at the federation level. I don't blame players at for not wanting to be a part of that.

Also the fact they seem to be ignoring dual nats playing in North America is pretty boneheaded. Any of the MLS guys would be improvements over the USL ones.

Edited by VinceA