Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

22 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Those logos on the number are annoying as heck. Soon UK soccer shirts will have so much crap on them they'll look like Scandinavian hockey and soccer club shirts.

I largely agree, I love plain simple shirts, although 'mind' is a charity so I don't think that particular sponsor is done so profitably.  

Now I forget which thread I was reading where people were talking about being worried about Laryea doing something stupid to pick up suspensions. I'm on the side of the fans that think he knows exactly what he is doing. If he gets fouled he quickly gets up, gives the offender the eyes wide open treatment and walks up to him pointing his finger and talking to him. I think there is virtually no chance he ever attacks a guy in retaliation. That's not his style. Sure sometimes "hold him back" but I don't think that's because he actually needs to be restrained.

All of this is useful either for theatrics to make sure the ref thinks about giving the offending player a card, or Richie's actions are a chance for the offending player to do something foolish like give him a slap or a throat shove (I feel like that happened once, but can't remember for sure if it was Laryea that had his neck held).

It's clear that Richie always knows what he's doing. He's an in control psycho. I will be curious to see if there is an adjustment phase with the Championship with possibly different refereeing standards. Part of me is actually a little worried that the same antics might get penalized at the World Cup where refs like to take over matches and be needlessly dramatic.

28 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

I know it has been said before, but Laryea is probably our most CONCACAF-y player. Love him on our team, hate him if he's on the opposing team. Only Doneil Henry gives him a challenge in the shithousery department.

I think those two are frontrunners, but I've noticed Johnston is quietly a King at shithousery. Maybe doesn't make it as blatant but if you watch carefully, he's usually up to something. Also you can't leave off Milan either

15 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I think those two are frontrunners, but I've noticed Johnston is quietly a King at shithousery. Maybe doesn't make it as blatant but if you watch carefully, he's usually up to something. Also you can't leave off Milan either

Tajon also taking notes and learning the art.  He isn't very far behind, and I absolutely love it.  We've never had a gang like this before.  However I gotta say I just love everything about Richie and his game.

On 2/6/2022 at 5:50 PM, SoccMan said:

Hopefully he gets playing time but after watching these guys it looks like he was brought in for cover , might not get much playing  time if they keep playing like this unfortunately.

I think he's real opportunities will come next season.  Spence is only on loan and even if we got promoted, we won't be able to sign him.  Top 10 Premier League clubs will be buying him for £15-20m.  

We signed Richie with the future in mind.  We used to be a very poorly ran club, but things have got a lot better since Dane Murphy came in as CEO, we have a lot more structure and forward thinking.  Richie will get some time this season, I am sure, but it will largely be used for him to settle and be ready to go next season.