Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

• 2 weeks later...

No idea if Richie will ever be part of NF again, but they just won their 2nd in a row (against ManU) with a serious “new manager bounce”.  I am curious if this chapter is totally and entirely closed or if there is even a chance he could try to impress the new boss with all the players they lost to the African Cup.   

Edited by dyslexic nam

24 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

No idea if Richie will ever be part of NF again, but they just won their 2nd in a row (against ManU) with a serious “new manager bounce”.  I am curious if this chapter is totally and entirely closed or if there is even a chance he could try to impress the new boss with all the players they lost to the African Cup.   

It's all in the hands of the Holy Spirit at this point

Edited by narduch

4 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Not really a surprise.

Richie return to Forest to finish off the EPL season? Part of me thinks a Championship (or even MLS) move is more likely, but they are going to lose a ton of players soon and he's already on the books at Forest. If they need someone to make up the numbers and sit on the bench in the short term you'd have to think he's being considered as an option. 

1 minute ago, narduch said:

I don't think he's going to get another look at NF.

That ship has sailed.

The window opened January 2. We would have heard about him training with the 1st team by now.

You may be right...but why this part? Maybe we never heard about him training with the 1st team because it wasn't yet clear he'd be leaving Vancouver until ....now.

Interested to see where he heads next. France would be great. Will be dissapointed if its back to the MLS, was happy with him at the caps and he is a big loss. I'm sure Herdman is trying to move heaven and earth to get him back to Toronto too.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Richie return to Forest to finish off the EPL season? Part of me thinks a Championship (or even MLS) move is more likely, but they are going to lose a ton of players soon and he's already on the books at Forest. If they need someone to make up the numbers and sit on the bench in the short term you'd have to think he's being considered as an option. 

Forrest seems to be running in to some problems with their loans. I think they'll be looking to sell him this window, regardless of how much they recoup.

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

Forrest seems to be running in to some problems with their loans. I think they'll be looking to sell him this window, regardless of how much they recoup.

Yes as above they essentially lied to the press/fans about loaning out Voldemort (aka Shelvey). They can't loan anyone else out as it stands, I believe.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Interested to see where he heads next. France would be great. Will be dissapointed if its back to the MLS, was happy with him at the caps and he is a big loss. I'm sure Herdman is trying to move heaven and earth to get him back to Toronto too.

Maybe he lands with Team Canada in Portland?  

51 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

The MLS rule haters are gonna love this one.

Listened to an interview with Axel Schuster yesterday. Laryea couldn't be a DP in MLS, the rules don't allow it. They did essentially agree on terms with Laryea, but the hold up is any transfer fee. I think the transfer fee would trigger his DP status (which they league's rules prevent), so unless Forrest let's him leave on a free transfer they're stuck.

5 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Another tweet from him. Seems like NF isn’t going to take a wash on it . 

I know the context here is Laryea re-signing in MLS, but I wonder if this means Forest value him? I mean, if he was dead weight they would take the loss and move on, no? Am I reading too much into it?

14 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I know the context here is Laryea re-signing in MLS, but I wonder if this means Forest value him? I mean, if he was dead weight they would take the loss and move on, no? Am I reading too much into it?

I think this is the optimistic view of it, but conversely, why would they let him go for minimal when there's clear interest? Would be a bad piece of business I'd think. Seems like maybe its just some more negotiation that needs to happen, otherwise finding a partner who can meet the ask.

1 minute ago, BearcatSA said:

Back to TFC?  Is that in the conversation for the new coaching staff?

Returning to TFC is the same problem with going to the Whitecaps, or any other MLS team: he can't be a DP in MLS but getting him out of NF would make him a DP.

54 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think it's a case of it still being relatively early in the window, and Forest wanting to see if they can get something for him first. If they have to take the loss, then MLS becomes an option again. But the Whitecaps start the Champions Cup in early February, so they can't wait (but could definitely revisit).