Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

23 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Really? Who do San Jose or Salt Lake or Vancouver or Montreal or Minnesota have on the books that are too good for the Championship?

Not all MLS teams build their teams like the NY/LA/Mia/Tor sides have done.

^^^appears to be determined to pick a fight with me even though what he has written is actually consistent with what I just wrote. Same old same old on here.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Thanks for that. 

Based on this source, only 23 players make more than 35k per wk, although maybe the massive salary of Danny Drinkwater really does pull the average up that much :)

2021-2022 Championship Player Salaries | Capology: Football Salaries & Finances

Yes... Championship salaries have been discussed on these forums before.... there appears to be no way that 35k/wk is a typical salary.... that number is likely skewed massively by top earners in the division (i.e. Drinkwater, Andre Ayew last season at 75k/wk...).

Here, from Capology again, is a look a Forest weekly salaries:

https://capology.com/club/nottingham-forest/salaries/

Edited by Onelessstar

On 1/6/2022 at 7:39 AM, Joe MacCarthy said:

Thought I'd share this post that I found in a comment section when researching the Richie news. God bless the Internet, where even the uninformed have a voice. :)

Transfermarkt saying he is one of the most valuable Canadian national players on the planet!

Impressive, but I couldn't name you another

I'm getting off topic, but this got me curious. Laryea according to transfrmarkt is tied as the 8th most valuable CMNT player.
https://www.transfermarkt.us/kanada/startseite/verein/3510

Edit: The below is inaccurate because USA and Mexico's B squads are used in the numbers, since that was their last camp for December friendlies. Thanks everyone for pointing that out.

And Canada is the 27th most valuable national team just below Algeria and above Russia. We are also top in CONCACAF by that metric, waaaay ahead of number 2 USA. If you take away Davies we are still top of CONCACAF. If you take away Davies and David we are 3rd a bit behind USA and Mexico. Our number without David and Davies would put us at $66.44m. And yes I know, transfrmarkt isn't all that accurate, and transfer values aren't a perfect measure of playing level (age of course being a big factor in value).

https://www.transfermarkt.us/vereins-statistik/wertvollstenationalmannschaften/marktwertetop/plus/0?kontinent_id=3&yt0=Show

image.thumb.png.8d8b610c5dd3474358fc5e70b975e523.png

Edited by Kent

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

I'm getting off topic, but this got me curious. Laryea according to transfrmarkt is tied as the 8th most valuable CMNT player.

And Canada is the 27th most valuable national team just below Algeria and above Russia. We are also top in CONCACAF by that metric, waaaay ahead of number 2 USA. If you take away Davies we are still top of CONCACAF. If you take away Davies and David we are 3rd a bit behind USA and Mexico. Our number without David and Davies would put us at $66.44m. And yes I know, transfrmarkt isn't all that accurate, and transfer values aren't a perfect measure of playing level (age of course being a big factor in value).

https://www.transfermarkt.us/vereins-statistik/wertvollstenationalmannschaften/marktwertetop/plus/0?kontinent_id=3&yt0=Show

This would be the USA and Mexico's value using their last squads (i.e. B teams). Using A rosters we are quite a way behind the USA - Pulisic and Reyna alone are worth $100 M+.

Edited by CanadaFan123

2 hours ago, Onelessstar said:

Yes... Championship salaries have been discussed on these forums before.... there appears to be no way that 35k/wk is a typical salary.... that number is likely skewed massively by top earners in the division (i.e. Drinkwater, Andre Ayew last season at 75k/wk...).

Here, from Capology again, is a look a Forest weekly salaries:

https://capology.com/club/nottingham-forest/salaries/

So if they beat the TFC offer, that'd be paying him close to 20k/wk, making him amongst the top 4 at the club. Seems high. However, since the transfer fee is relatively low they may be willing to pay that, or close to. 

Perhaps he accepted an offer close to but even slightly lower than the TFC offer, just to facilitate the move. 

BTW, on that Liverpool podcast talking about David, they say he makes 35k/wk, which they thought was very low and enabled Liverpool to offer him double, or more, and still not be paying too much.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

17 minutes ago, El Diego said:

According to this, Laryea has been told he has the left back starting spot which was key in his decision to go to Forest

Makes sense I saw they had a lot right backs already and was wondering what his role would be.

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Not a huge fan of him going over to play LB tbh. Moving to a new league will be tough as is but playing out of position? Hopefully not a bridge too far.

From September to the end of the season he played 7 games at LB and 1 at RB for TFC. Maybe not is main position but a position that he is very comfortable with.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

I think those numbers are not really representative. If you look at the American roster there are many highly valued players not accounted for. That's because transfermarkt is looking at the players that were on the USA in the last WCQ round.

43 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

I think those numbers are not really representative. If you look at the American roster there are many highly valued players not accounted for. That's because transfermarkt is looking at the players that were on the USA in the last WCQ round.

Those Transfermarkt values are from the friendlies roster in December.

6 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This would be the USA and Mexico's value using their last squads (i.e. B teams). Using A rosters we are quite a way behind the USA - Pulisic and Reyna alone are worth $100 M+.

That makes sense! So I was right to be shocked at those numbers, since they aren't actually representative of their national teams. Thanks for clearing that up!

39 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

Nothing against Laryea... but it really shocks me teams are lining up for Johnston if Laryea can get into a top-30 English side.

I'm gonna presume you meant are not lining up for Johnston. The only reason I can think of is Laryea has performed at this level arguably since he started at TFC, so he's shown continuity whereas Johnston is still quite green by comparison. I expect this time next year he'll have an even bigger move lined up.