Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

25 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Anyone know how they sing the anthem in French schools in Quebec?

I only ever sung it when I was at an English school, the French school I went to didn’t do it at all and I think that’s probably true for all French public schools. I don’t think any schools sing the anthem any more in either case though. 

1 minute ago, Lansdude said:

Can I just say maybe my favourite thing about the France match was watching their A-listers fall for Richie's dangling leg NBA tactics. Actually loled when he got taken down on the edge of the box.

Retro Ashley Young tactic, until the refs in the EPL caught up to it. I think Richie tried it on with the same French player all 3 times?

49 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I actually kind of wonder if some of Richie's antics work better with non-MLS refs and players that aren't familiar with his game.

100%

I feel for Richie. He's a gamer and so slippery that he gets fouled a lot. 

The problem is that I think he has a reputation so he often doesn't get calls where he's clearly fouled if the ref is familiar. 

3 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

100%

I feel for Richie. He's a gamer and so slippery that he gets fouled a lot. 

The problem is that I think he has a reputation so he often doesn't get calls where he's clearly fouled if the ref is familiar. 

Yeah it's a bit of both, tbf I do think he sometimes sticks out his leg and initiates contact (the Vardy type play), but for the most part I do think he is actually being fouled. He is quite good at exaggerating the contact in a natural way, especially compared say to a guy like David who I think is a bad seller of legit contact. It's a niche skill.

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Retro Ashley Young tactic, until the refs in the EPL caught up to it. I think Richie tried it on with the same French player all 3 times?

Was it Mendy?

Davies might need to buy one of our RBs a car- AJ played Davies’ supposed Bayern replacement Theo Hernandez off the pitch, and then Mendy, the guy who he wants to replace at Madrid, comes on  versus Richie who plays him up too. 

Two “no name Canadians” bossing around the two LBs who twitter considers to be the best in world, one after the other. How you say.. embarrazzing…

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, narduch said:

Still pissed at NF for how they treated him.

In a broad sense I agree, though the details are understandable.  

The manager didn't change what was working and then against the odds they were promoted and had the money to play Football Manager with half the middling players in world football. 

1 minute ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

In a broad sense I agree, though the details are understandable.  

The manager didn't change what was working and then against the odds they were promoted and had the money to play Football Manager with half the middling players in world football. 

Personally don't consider that a valid enough excuse for what happened  

It's a knock against both the club and manager

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

Personally don't consider that a valid enough excuse for what happened  

It's a knock against both the club and manager

On the manager, would you change a team that was overachieving to point of reaching the biggest possible prize available?  No sure I could say I would. Even with all my biases.  

What happened after, he got to buy the players he wanted. 

It that a bit cruel?  Yes.  It that football generally?  Yes. 

8 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

On the manager, would you change a team that was overachieving to point of reaching the biggest possible prize available?  No sure I could say I would. Even with all my biases.  

What happened after, he got to buy the players he wanted. 

It that a bit cruel?  Yes.  It that football generally?  Yes. 

Yes. You can fault him.

It points to biases and/or poor talent evaluation. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, narduch said:

Yes. You can fault him.

It points to biases and/or poor talent evaluation. 

Cooper helped pick and develop a number of very good players with England youth teams, so I can't agree on the evaluation part.

If I take off my red and white specs, I can't say that Richie is better than Omar Richards, Neco Williams, Renan Lodi, Harry Toffolo, Serge Aurier,  Brennan Johnson etc.  People who they brought in and played in positions where Richie could have played.

Worth remembering that to field a full squad, you need to have a certain number of homegrown players.  Maybe some of the "bias"

Agree to disagree I guess.  

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...