Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

20 minutes ago, narduch said:

Have we confirmed his actual whereabouts?

My 5 second internet instagram detective skills. In his instagram story is a shared post tagging him and his wife. The store tagged is this bakery in West Bridgford, which is in Nottingham.

Mind you neither Richie or his wife are in the picture. But the tag makes me believe he is in Nottingham

Screenshot_20240217_094545_Instagram.jpg

23 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

If there is one guy I would bank on to maintain a high level of fitness, it is Richie.  Unless he has been hitting Arby’s pretty heavily, he is in my squad.  

It's not just about fitness, however.  We don't know which players he's training with and if you're not at least competing against first teamers regularly in training, you don't get the same level.of tempo in your play.

Obviously there are exceptions and maybe he is one of them.  Also, who do you select ahead of him?

4 hours ago, blueseeka said:

My 5 second internet instagram detective skills. In his instagram story is a shared post tagging him and his wife. The store tagged is this bakery in West Bridgford, which is in Nottingham.

Mind you neither Richie or his wife are in the picture. But the tag makes me believe he is in Nottingham

Screenshot_20240217_094545_Instagram.jpg

HE'S BEEN SIGNED BY TIFFIN TEAHOUSE!!!

11 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

It's not just about fitness, however.  We don't know which players he's training with and if you're not at least competing against first teamers regularly in training, you don't get the same level.of tempo in your play.

Obviously there are exceptions and maybe he is one of them.  Also, who do you select ahead of him?

I cannot see any possibility of Laryea not being called given the current state of our other fullbacks/wingbacks.

Johnson has a broken(?) jaw. We hope he will be available, but there will be questions about fitness. Adekugbe is still hurt. Ahmed is still recovering from surgery. Hoilett and Raposo are basically still in preseason, ZBG is unattached.

Edited by footballfreak

1 hour ago, footballfreak said:

Yep. I was just agreeing with you.

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I really like Laryea's presence in a squad, even if he is not up to full speed at club level.  He adds versatility on either flank as a wingback or fullback, and his craftiness can lead to fouls in key areas, including penalties.   He's also a great sh*t disturber, and that dark quality should never been underestimated.  But you do have to factor in the negatives that come with not playing regular club football.  But like you asked originally, who's ahead of him?  None of the names you mentioned are.

8 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I really like Laryea's presence in a squad, even if he is not up to full speed at club level.  He adds versatility on either flank as a wingback or fullback, and his craftiness can lead to fouls in key areas, including penalties.   He's also a great sh*t disturber, and that dark quality should never been underestimated.  But you do have to factor in the negatives that come with not playing regular club football.  But like you asked originally, who's ahead of him?  None of the names you mentioned are.

He doesn't actually have to play. 

We have alternatives at RB, beginning with Tajon. He has the defensive discipline and greater prowess in attack. And a couple year's experience in the position. 

If someone says Tajon should be in the attack, well great, we can play with 4-5 attackers and to hell with defending. Because I am pretty sure we'll have Larin, David and Davies set up for attacking mode. Let's add Tajon too, forget the defense, forget the midfield.

I appreciate we have a few pieces injured, Adekugbe is not quite ready, Johnston has his jaw issue, I think too that Laryea will be called in. He may start but I am not sure he has to.

On 2/17/2024 at 10:31 PM, footballfreak said:

I cannot see any possibility of Laryea not being called given the current state of our other fullbacks/wingbacks.

Johnson has a broken(?) jaw. We hope he will be available, but there will be questions about fitness. Adekugbe is still hurt. Ahmed is still recovering from surgery. Hoilett and Raposo are basically still in preseason, ZBG is unattached.

Godinho is a fit depth option. Even if Johnston is out I think we’ll be fine with Buchanan, Laryea and Godinho in the squad 

LDF is another RB option. 

We don’t need to worry about this position.

Edited by CanadaFan123

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I appreciate we have a few pieces injured, Adekugbe is not quite ready, Johnston has his jaw issue, I think too that Laryea will be called in. He may start but I am not sure he has to.

I didn't think that he would be starting:  I just think he will be in the squad.  I don't think some of the guys suggested here who are way down the depth chart are going to be called in ahead of him.

9 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I didn't think that he would be starting:  I just think he will be in the squad.  I don't think some of the guys suggested here who are way down the depth chart are going to be called in ahead of him.

I agree. I was just suggesting that if we play all the pieces we have who are effective going forward, we'd be without a defense. Which imo is one reason he could be left off. Apart from not having played a competitive game in 3 months. 

On 2/19/2024 at 8:47 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I agree. I was just suggesting that if we play all the pieces we have who are effective going forward, we'd be without a defense. Which imo is one reason he could be left off. Apart from not having played a competitive game in 3 months. 

Agreed.  And as I posted in the other MNT manager thread, this XI needs some balance in the side and someone with the balls to make the moves to do it.

Edited by BearcatSA

Through all this though, I'm surprised that Laryea physically went over to England- I would figure that if Forest had zero intentions with him, all of this transfer business could've been done remotely and have him fly from Canada to where he heads next. Not that I think Forest have any plans to play him at all this season, but given most transfer windows are closed and MLS is realistically still his likeliest landing spot, I wonder what the plan with having him over there even is.

25 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Not that I think Forest have any plans to play him at all this season, but given most transfer windows are closed and MLS is realistically still his likeliest landing spot, I wonder what the plan with having him over there even is.

Getting paid?