Milan Borjan

Vince193

25 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Mutually agreed to terminate his contract with Red Star. He has 2 years left on his contract and they will pay him out one years salary. This makes him a free agent, I wonder if he continues his career or calls it?

Definitely gives him some flexibility with the buyout. Dare I say Forge? 

It's shocking how few CMNT players like his social media posts. Alistair was the only one to give him a like on anything he has posted recently. Perhaps he wasn't that well liked in the locker room or had a pretty messy breakup leaving the Gold Cup early.

14 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

We need Borjan to be a commentator for tournaments when he retired. Just thinking we don’t really have many vets who would be dancing around a studio cheering a goal. That sort of passion is infectious. 

Infectious you say?  We may have replaced his position, but that level of passion will be very hard to replace. 

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of Borjan with his Canada tattoo, with a tattoo of Borjan and his tattoo inside that one.

18 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

We need Borjan to be a commentator for tournaments when he retired. Just thinking we don’t really have many vets who would be dancing around a studio cheering a goal. That sort of passion is infectious. 

Since we have Hockey Night in Punjab, can we do Soccer Night in Serbian?

• 1 month later...

^ Translation (BTW This was done with Firefox translation, works really well and the translation engine does a good job as well)

BORJAN HAS A NEW CLUB: Here's where the legendary goalkeeper will defend this season!|
Djordje Sredojevic August 18 2024

He's found a new club.

Milan Borjan, a renowned Canadian goalkeeper, has signed a contract with Saudi club Riyad.

After a successful career at Red Star, where he gained a significant reputation as one of the best goalkeepers in the region, Borjan moves into Saudi football.

This transfer marks a new phase in his career, giving him the opportunity to compete in a different environment and contribute to the team with his rich experience and top interventions.

Borjan is expected to be a key player for Riyad, helping them achieve their ambitions in the domestic championship.

Hope he gets a big day to cash out his career.  I recall when Larin had the big offer to go over there, if this year is less than stellar in Spain I would be looking at Saudi Arabia.

If he brings his sweatpants to the ksa he's again the goat. I beg him to bring his sweatpants to the ksa. For the memories. Winter, summer, etc. It doensn't matters for me that's it's hot in ksa. Just bring your sweatpants to the ksa.

👖❤️

1 hour ago, ahmedou said:

I'm really unlucky. I was in KSA last year. If he was there last year he'd have signed my canada soccer sweapants.

Screenshot_20240823_102418_Instagram.thumb.jpg.00b928b5ad326f7c9ab60e10acb99805.jpg

Official announcement on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-6GIaMILDB/

Despite being announced on their Instagram and Twitter(X) , I can't find the announcement on their website.

https://riyadhclub.sa/news/

Made 3 saves in a 3-1 victory against Al Kholood yesterday and a 3-3 draw against Al Wehda the week before with 10 men. 

He’s up against Al Hilal next match, in two weeks, his first Saudi “super team”. If he can look this good against the clubs that have a ton of ex-European players… I mean…. 

At the least, I think he’s playing well enough to earn himself a testimonial match at our next home game. 

• 4 weeks later...

Haters will tell you that Milan Borjan does NOT have a higher aggregate rating than Bono and Édouard Mendy in KSA, nor does he have a higher avg. saves per game than those two, and a few other European names.

Haters would unfortunately be WRONG though. 

The fans yearn for a Borjan testimonial game against Panama in October!

Voyageurs - same question can you tell me please if these authentics Umbro Canada Soccer jerseys (yellow and green & orange). If it's the same designs. If it's the same flocks (colors). It's from which year... And if Borjan played games with these #18 Umbro Canada Soccer jerseys (yellow and green & orange).

I made my own research it seems to be 2018's Umbro Canada Soccer jerseys (yellow and green & orange) https://www.footballkitarchive.com/canada-kits/#2010s . That being said, I made my own research it seems that Borjan never played with these Umbro Canada Soccer jerseys (yellow and green & orange).

YEL/GR-MEN-M MILAN BORJAN TEAM CANADA GOALKEEPER OFFICIALLY UMBRO SOCCER JERSEYORANGE-MEN-M MILAN BORJAN TEAM CANADA GOALKEEPER OFFICIALLY UMBRO SOCCER JERSEY

Edited by ahmedou