Doneil Henry

Coramoor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Shway said:

At this point I feel like he’s just collecting checks.

I don't think Doneil is the kind to just collect checks.  He takes names, kicks ass and collects red cards.  That's what Doneil Henry does.

4 hours ago, VinceA said:

Why does everyone think Doneil gets red cards on the regular? He doesn't.

Yes, it's a bit unfair. 😉 Still, I think it's less unfair than the notion that he's just collecting checks.

Here's a sort of interesting stat:  Doneil has collected 10 yellows (no reds) over the last 2000 minutes he has played.  Compare that to notorious physical CBs like Dayot Upamecano (9 yellows, 1 red in last 3300 minutes), or Cristian Romero (12 yellows in last 2900 minutes), and you can see why he has a bit of a (well-earned) reputation.  The man is a warrior - that much is true.

8 hours ago, GasPed said:

Yes, it's a bit unfair. 😉 Still, I think it's less unfair than the notion that he's just collecting checks.

Here's a sort of interesting stat:  Doneil has collected 10 yellows (no reds) over the last 2000 minutes he has played.  Compare that to notorious physical CBs like Dayot Upamecano (9 yellows, 1 red in last 3300 minutes), or Cristian Romero (12 yellows in last 2900 minutes), and you can see why he has a bit of a (well-earned) reputation.  The man is a warrior - that much is true.

I love Doneil too, trust me I do...1st TFC HG, 1st Canadian HG player to be sold abroad....

It just seems like he gets healthy enough to sign a contract and then subsequently is injured. 
In the past 5 years he's averaging about 9 games a season.

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

I love Doneil too, trust me I do...1st TFC HG, 1st Canadian HG player to be sold abroad....

It just seems like he gets healthy enough to sign a contract and then subsequently is injured. 
In the past 5 years he's averaging about 9 games a season.

Agree.  And just to be clear, I'm (mostly) a big fan of Doneil too.  All in all, he's had a good career considering his humble beginnings and the injuries, etc.  

What kind of deal was he signed to? Does he get his MLS salary playing for nextpro? If it’s not a money thing, could be a good CPL piece unless he wants to try his luck abroad again.

FWIW, no hate if he’s hanging around just to get paid. He’s got a finite amount of time left in his career and he needs to maximize his earnings. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

• 4 weeks later...