Gold Cup - Canada v Costa Rica - Pre Game thread

Califax

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is floro probably is happy because we played well but we can't do anything really creative at their 18. This means he won't sub anyone until it's too late. I hope I'm wrong. We need scoring!!!!!!! Larin, Jackson, Akindele... One of them needs to come on

Haber looks great, Tissot has been pretty involved and looks decent.  Straith continues to be good.

Ricketts and JDG are fucking terrible

JDG, the touch is still there, god bless him he's trying but he is like a pylon on D, guys are just flat out burning him every time there is a foot race.  He runs like an old man and he's been patting the other team on the back any time there's any friction all tournament, just doesn't look that fired up to me (personal opinion anyway).

Ricketts does not look up to this level other than his speed.  He goes down a lot trying to draw fouls.

I've come up with a new drinking gam. Drinks everytime the FOX Sports 1 announcers:

• Mispronounce the name of a Canadian player (1 drink)
  • Mention the goalscoring drought, without pointing out they scoring 4 against Dominica in June (1 drinks)
  • Mention "hoofing the ball upfield" (1 drink)
  • Mention the 8-1 loss to Honduras in 2012 (2 drinks)
  • Mention Canada's FIFA Ranking (2 drinks)
  • Mention Canada had a goal called back in the 2007 Gold Cup semifinal which resulted in a US win (100 drinks)

At the game. Jdg looking like a boss in the midfield.

Haber got stopped point blank. We hit the post on a cross. This game is here for the taking. We're playing well. We need akindele/ larin/ teibert/ jackson.

Time to throw the kitchen sink at 60 minutes.

JDG started brilliantly, playing his heart out and playing well. He faded a bit towards the end. Probably tiring.

But he's clearly been told to go forward more, which is why he's chasing back from behind quite a bit.

He'll probably have to come off at some point.

Archived