Gold Cup - Canada v Costa Rica - Pre Game thread

Califax

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jamie...Any chance of bring some of the flag over to the stadium prior to the game? Logistically challenging but considering many will not be able to make the pre game we will not be able to get our flags. Handing them out to everyone in our sections without flags...

Hey guys, I flew in from Newfoundland for this. Are you guys going to be at Shoeless right up until the Canada game, or will you walk over and take in the El Salvador / Jamaica game as well? I'm likely going to try to catch both, but if I have time it'd be pretty cool to grab a beer with some of the local supporters beforehand.

Hey guys, I flew in from Newfoundland for this. Are you guys going to be at Shoeless right up until the Canada game, or will you walk over and take in the El Salvador / Jamaica game as well? I'm likely going to try to catch both, but if I have time it'd be pretty cool to grab a beer with some of the local supporters beforehand.

I imagine there will be a large group at shoeless up until Canada game time. If u are at the first game maybe you can walk over at halftime for a quick drink..

I'm coming in from out of town as well, and looking for best of both worlds. I'll likely be at Shoeless until about 7 pm, then walk over and catch the second half of Jamaica / El Salvador before the Canada match.

I don't want to take the risk of no re-entry if I leave the stadium.

Whats up fellow V's

Does anyone know what kind of crowd can we expect tonight in terms of attendance and how many are going to be supporting Canadian red? Also, what time should we head to BMO / will there be a march? See you at Shoeless Joes

Getting a HUGE Win tonight I can feel it

Whats up fellow V's

Does anyone know what kind of crowd can we expect tonight in terms of attendance and how many are going to be supporting Canadian red? Also, what time should we head to BMO / will there be a march? See you at Shoeless Joes

Getting a HUGE Win tonight I can feel it

Ive been tracking the crowd on ticketmaster. I don't think it will be a big one. By the looks of things it doesn't appear like they opened the upper west level(out of view of the camera). Tix can be had in row 1 of the upper east stand in the second lowest price point(light blue).

Im guessing anywhere between 15,000 to 20,000. The weather won't help with walk up crowds.

There was very little promotion for this game. On top of your TFC / soccer fan in the GTA, organizers should have leveraged the thousands of athletes, and tens of thousands of victors in town for the PanAm games. I question if it's the CSA, concacaf, third party, or a mix organizing. Hamilton sold out (23-25K) the first U23 PanAm game and the women's pre WC game.

There was very little promotion for this game. On top of your TFC / soccer fan in the GTA, organizers should have leveraged the thousands of athletes, and tens of thousands of victors in town for the PanAm games. I question if it's the CSA, concacaf, third party, or a mix organizing. Hamilton sold out (23-25K) the first U23 PanAm game and the women's pre WC game.

One of the issues is definately ticket pricing. Pan Am tickets and Womens Pre WC tickets could be had for 25 bucks. Gold Cup tickets start at $33 and go up to $150. The majority being over $60 after all surcharges are included.

There wasn't much promoition for it though. Its tough because the market is over saturated. Pan Ams taking over the city. TFC. Blue Jays. Club friendlies(PSG Benfica), TFC club friendlies(Sunderland)

Its unfortunate because the trash attendance at this match will probably hurt our chances of getting one in the future.

Although admittedly if it was sold out I don't know how many more Canada fans there would be...

Props to the states though. Wherevere they travel in their country they always have vocal fans supporting them in sold out stadiums. I dont understand why we can't have that here. I guess what comes into play is that the US is a melting pot while we are a culturual mosaic. A lot of ppl in the States Identify with their soccer team and it helps that they can cheer for them in the World Cup. Whereas in Canada ppl stick with their grandparents' nationallity and never see Canada in the world cup so wouldn't even think of cheering for them.

Archived