Liam Fraser

shamrock

I could stomach Fraser at Deinze when he was playing every single minute and helping the team fight for promotion. Hard to do when the team is in the bottom half and is not giving him minutes. Obviously seems odd. 

Fraser is good enough to get regular minutes (starting or from the bench) with a Belgian First Division A side. Probably one in the bottom half, but a top division side nonetheless. 

A few people mentioned Scotland, didn't they? I'd like to see it. I imagine he could start for a number of SPL teams.

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

I could stomach Fraser at Deinze when he was playing every single minute and helping the team fight for promotion. Hard to do when the team is in the bottom half and is not giving him minutes. Obviously seems odd. 

Fraser is good enough to get regular minutes (starting or from the bench) with a Belgian First Division A side. Probably one in the bottom half, but a top division side nonetheless. 

A few people mentioned Scotland, didn't they? I'd like to see it. I imagine he could start for a number of SPL teams.

The best part of that promotion push is according to some Belgian fans, Deinze wouldn't meet the minimum requirements for promotion.

When was the last time he actually played for Deinze? It feels like he’s been an unused sub every game since the World Cup or almost?

Feel like a move back to the CPL or MLS might be the one for him- since he isn’t playing, the North American schedule might fit better for him since he’ll be able to play a full season.

also, anyone ever been to Liam Fraser’s cafe in Toronto? He owns a shop with Ashtone Morgan, it looks nice 

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

When was the last time he actually played for Deinze? It feels like he’s been an unused sub every game since the World Cup or almost?

Feel like a move back to the CPL or MLS might be the one for him- since he isn’t playing, the North American schedule might fit better for him since he’ll be able to play a full season.

also, anyone ever been to Liam Fraser’s cafe in Toronto? He owns a shop with Ashtone Morgan, it looks nice 

Not the most impressive thing. But he did sub in the the 87th minute of their last league game.

I wonder if this is actually due to an impending transfer? Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

Not the most impressive thing. But he did sub in the the 87th minute of their last league game.

I wonder if this is actually due to an impending transfer? Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Ah, that’s more than I thought- I feel like every time someone posts a game update for him, he’s an unused sub. It’s weird because he’s always been excellent for Canada, but can’t get minutes for a team step above a semi pro.

I figured it was transfer business, and still might be, but it feels like a pretty long time for what should be an easy transfer- he isn’t an expensive player. Maybe something fell through.

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

Ah, that’s more than I thought- I feel like every time someone posts a game update for him, he’s an unused sub. It’s weird because he’s always been excellent for Canada, but can’t get minutes for a team step above a semi pro.

I figured it was transfer business, and still might be, but it feels like a pretty long time for what should be an easy transfer- he isn’t an expensive player. Maybe something fell through.

The problem is I don't think those game score apps (Fotmob, livescore, etc) actually cover the Belgium 2nd division correctly. I had to use google to find that out.

26 minutes ago, narduch said:

The problem is I don't think those game score apps (Fotmob, livescore, etc) actually cover the Belgium 2nd division correctly. I had to use google to find that out.

Yeah, I’m just basing this off of what people post here or what canucks abroad tweets. I don’t even follow his team on Fotmob because they don’t share game results for that league which I feel would be an easy thing for them to do. 

43 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

It closed down, unfortunately.

They are still serving out of another shop, but their original location is closed.

15 minutes ago, RS said:

It closed down, unfortunately.

They are still serving out of another shop, but their original location is closed.

That’s too bad- from what I saw on Instagram, they had a really cool little thing going there. Do they own their other location or are they just selling through another cafe?

10 hours ago, RS said:

Through another cafe.

I've been to the one on Euclid back during the World Cup. I had no idea they had anything to do with it. I was just taking my kids to get a little candy treat and Ashtone Morgan was behind the counter. I assume that's the one that is still going? I haven't checked in a while to see if it's still open.

14 hours ago, Kent said:

I've been to the one on Euclid back during the World Cup. I had no idea they had anything to do with it. I was just taking my kids to get a little candy treat and Ashtone Morgan was behind the counter. I assume that's the one that is still going? I haven't checked in a while to see if it's still open.

Their main location was at the old Dovercourt House, but that has since shut down. They are still selling coffee and merch out of Tiny's General Store on 80 Barton Ave.

I suggest all Toronto-based V's who have the means to check it out and support them.

EDIT: @InglewoodJack You'll note the address on the lower left hand side of the website. That's the correct one.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

This always happens to at least one guy in each generation, where the allure/adventure/advice/pressure of playing in Europe just doesn't pan out. Just ask Jeff Clarke.

When Clarke was trying to get to Europe, I think he was hampered by work visas and such.

Decades on, with Fraser,  I would have thought that he could  have been able to get more minutes under his belt in MLS and really establish himself, then make a move.  

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

When Clarke was trying to get to Europe, I think he was hampered by work visas and such.

Decades on, with Fraser,  I would have thought that he could  have been able to get more minutes under his belt in MLS and really establish himself, then make a move.  

My conspiracy theory is that MLS's anti-Canadian rules make it harder for guys like Fraser.

32 minutes ago, narduch said:

Who fucking knows.

MLS rules are stupid.

Even if so. MLS's fake free agency doesn't help either.

It is absurd that after all of these years the league that features three Canadian teams still does not treat Canadian players as domestic south of the border.  

As for Fraser, I wonder if he is still employing the same agency that engineered this move in the first place?

Edited by BearcatSA