Liam Fraser

shamrock

1 minute ago, jordan said:

Was starved for games, he went and got games, so it’s likely wasn’t a bad move.

He was playing plenty for the Crew. He started a decent number of games and was a regular substitute in other matches. Most Crew fans thought he was a useful player and wanted him back. I don’t understand why Second division Belgium was even a thought.

44 minutes ago, Floortom said:

He was playing plenty for the Crew. He started a decent number of games and was a regular substitute in other matches. Most Crew fans thought he was a useful player and wanted him back. I don’t understand why Second division Belgium was even a thought.

Most of his game time was as a result of a players injury if I recall, he played in a lot of games but an average of less than 50 mins a game. He got almost the same amount of game time in a half season with the new team

If I’m not mistaken, Deinze were one of the favourites to promote when he moved there. The plan was to help get the team promoted and to end up playing in the Belgian top flight.

Was a bit of a bold move (sadly, maybe he just didn’t have many options in Europe) but in hindsight, doesn’t look great and has cost him a realistic shot of playing in the World Cup.

Of course, these decisions are massive when they are made and it’s too bad when they don’t work out. If he stuck around in Columbus and didn’t see the pitch we would have been eager for him to try his luck in a lower league in Europe to elevate his career opportunities. He did exactly that but clearly it hasn’t been working out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 3:44 PM, VinceA said:

Should note that the fact Fraser's club was cool with letting him leave while his team is in a relegation scrap isn't the best look.

Wasn't in lineup today for Deinze for their 1-0 win.

https://www.sudinfo.be/id568396/article/2022-11-04/d1b-virton-deinze-samedi-16h-vincensini-espere-que-virton-va-se-reveiller-pour

...but not because he was injured or out of favour. Apparently he is suspended.

"Les « Tigers » se présenteront en Gaume sans leur international canadien Fraser, il est suspendu. "

---

They play first division side Eupen on Tuesday in the Belgian Cup. I hope he plays. It should a proper test.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

20 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Wasn't in lineup today for Deinze for their 1-0 win.

https://www.sudinfo.be/id568396/article/2022-11-04/d1b-virton-deinze-samedi-16h-vincensini-espere-que-virton-va-se-reveiller-pour

...but not because he was injured or out of favour. Apparently he is suspended.

"Les « Tigers » se présenteront en Gaume sans leur international canadien Fraser, il est suspendu. "

---

They play first division side Eupen on Tuesday in the Belgian Cup. I hope he plays. It should a proper test.

Won't he be with the National Team on Tuesday?

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Won't he be with the National Team on Tuesday?

Dunno.

He is the only player still in season that has been called, right?

Theoretically he could play Tuesday and fly to Bahrain Wednesday and likely be fine to play 45 minutes for the #CanMNT on Friday.

@VinceA felt it was a bad look but we don't know what has been negotiated.

I am curious about fraser. Since he is in season, going to camp poutine seems like 1 of 2 possibilities. 

1. Herdman wants him on the squad 

2. Fraser knows hes a bubble player and wanted to be at camp poutine to prove his worth. 

I cant see a situation where he leaves his club to be just a training player like akinola etc. 

I think its more likey #2 but what do you guys think?

34 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I am curious about fraser. Since he is in season, going to camp poutine seems like 1 of 2 possibilities. 

2. Fraser knows hes a bubble player and wanted to be at camp poutine to prove his worth. 

I cant see a situation where he leaves his club to be just a training player like akinola etc. 

I agree it is more #2.  I think he is there also just in case one of the midfielders get injured before the world cup.  The camp would get him time to acclimatize to the environment and also in a way to say thank you for helping in the WCQ.

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

He's the Osorio safety net.

Doubtful IMO, very different player. But JH has said guys 19-26 are going to be there more for team dynamics than anything else, so maybe he fits into that category, perhaps more so than Choinière, who could make a better case based on form/playing level/versatility, etc.

4 hours ago, Bigandy said:

It’s 2. I don’t know how high his stock will rise, but I think being named to our Qatar roster would help his agent get him somewhere other than Belgium second div.

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I don't think we are allowed to call this camp a "Camp Poutine".

"Camp Poutine" is after you return from your full Winter break and you've got to get back into shape after eating all that post-season poutine.  😁

What should we call this half quality CMNT

No one talking about Liam Fraser making the roster, Congrats Liam!

One of the last to make the roster I'm sure. He doesn't play at the highest level in Europe, but that brilliant pass to David in WCQ will stand the test of time. I'm happy he made the final cut. He also looked good against Bahrain. One of those guys who elevates his game for Country

Edited by pod818