Ayo Akinola

masster

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

image.png.0ac6727a5d75e5198e2198d8ff2007a3.png@Corazon looks comfortably off when I pause it. 

Unfortunately, I can't help explain depth and angles well, but the defender absolutely looks behind Akinola at the moment of the pass.  The defender's body and especially his one leg is keeping him onside.  This would be apparent if the camera angle was in line with the two players instead of at the halfway line.  Akinola actually looks more in line with the defenders trailing knee, in my opinion.

image.png.6b6e115af1d6d39dff2cd8846afc691a.png

Edited by Corazon

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

His goal from the weekend.  

Looks like he’s showing some speed.  Composed finished as well.  I know it’s a lower level than MLS but I can’t remember watching Akinola run or finish like that in a long time while at TFC.

Not surprised to see him scoring, but very pleasantly surprised to see that quickness!  Given the blurred image, you could have convinced me that was Davies or Bombito.  Keep it up Ayo!

*Small sample size trigger warning*

Holy shit.  Lower level or not, that is a good goal.   No way he hit that sort of speed in the shape he was in at the end of his stint with TFC.  Fingers crossed that this move was a bit of a wake up call for him that he can’t get by on talent alone.  

No reason he can’t get back into top shape and become a factor once again.  Dude is 24 and has been a pro for quite a while.  If he gets a bit of a fire lit under him he could still be the player many of us hoped he could be. 

8 hours ago, Corazon said:

Unfortunately, I can't help explain depth and angles well, but the defender absolutely looks behind Akinola at the moment of the pass.  The defender's body and especially his one leg is keeping him onside.  This would be apparent if the camera angle was in line with the two players instead of at the halfway line.  Akinola actually looks more in line with the defenders trailing knee, in my opinion.

image.png.6b6e115af1d6d39dff2cd8846afc691a.png

Let's get Ozzie in here.  He's good at eyeballing things....

😉

18 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Is that clip on fast forward? That was fast

This is crazy. It definitely was sped up for whatever reason. You can see everybody's feet are moving abnormally super fast.

I slowed down the video to .75 and the time clock seems normal.

It's still a great run and finish, just confused by the editing.

Akinola’s career has always been a peculiar one to me — clearly had bags of talent but seemingly lacked discipline (who knows his side of the story).

I know it’s one goal (a very good one at that) but it’s an exciting thing to ponder that he tears it up at this lower level, ends up contributing in a higher league, say Holland or Belgium and ultimately makes a resurgence to the CanMNT. Not impossible.