Scott Arfield

BobSaget:   Or how about how are you going to help us finish the job and win at the world cup, do our best??  The race is not finished.  Some are willing to drop Cava for Ugbo...what has Ugbo done to help us get anywhere??? NOTHING!!  But if he is better than Cava come Nov, damn skippy Herdman will put him in. And would he deserve it eh? According to loyalty etc...or will herdman want to win??  And there goes your precious brotherhood in the crapper.  

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Zidane. Zlatan. Buffon. Messi. Arfield. 

Which name doesn’t belong right?

Ziyech, is a different quality, he’s a legit difference maker, chance creator on his own. Not to harp on Arfield, but he is not that. 

Pretty sure Rangers supports would call him a difference maker, and not just today.  Been something of an attacking threat off the bench for the 2nd half of the season to be sure.

Not taking a side one way or the other but I really don't think Arfield's absence during WCQ should, on it's own, disqualify him from future selection if John Herdman so chooses. 

November is a long way off.  There might be a player or two who'll be selected for the finals, out of necessity or want, who may not have "paid their dues" to be there.   It's going to be difficult coming in from the outside but current form (and our needs) has to count for a lot.   

25 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Pretty sure Rangers supports would call him a difference maker, and not just today.  Been something of an attacking threat off the bench for the 2nd half of the season to be sure.

Excellent point Cheeta. 

And to do so one would have had to watch the majority of his games since GvB took over at Rangers and not just 2:46 minutes worth of DAZN highlights from European games. 

Edited by gwsmith63

37 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

@gwsmith63Rangers being in Europa semi finals is massive, but I stopped caring to watch them lonnngggg before he declared he chose club over country and retired when he was needed most! Simply because I knew he was finished with us, while you lot had your hopes, banners and I believe in you Scotty Scot posters.

Seeing Liam Millars hurt and struggles because of his style of play made me dislike watching Scottish football. So when I recently have - I’ve watched facking Ross County to see a proud born and raised Canadian kid in Harry Paton who has been a “difference maker” for his squad with his consistent minutes. (Side note, I’m interested to see how his Grenadian teammate Charles-cook does in nations league if he shows up, he’s been a consistent threat) 

Not taking a side one way or the other but I really don't think Arfield's absence during WCQ should, on it's own, disqualify him from future selection if John Herdman so chooses. 

It will simply be because he quit on us before WCQ and then retired from representing Canada when we thought we needed him most. 

November is a long way off.  There might be a player or two who'll be selected for the finals, out of necessity or want, who may not have "paid their dues" to be there.   It's going to be difficult coming in from the outside but current form (and our needs) has to count for a lot.   

Again no one isn’t saying this isn’t possible, but I’ll put money down that regardless of what happens,  Arfield won’t be in Qatar.

I think we’ll see Kone, Thompson, Fraser, Petrasso sheit even Wotherspoon before we even think about asking Arfield to rejoin.

Herdman will sell us on the longevity of the new cars first, before considering to bring out the used car that can drive good but it causes too many problems, and is unreliable to justify taking it on a long road trip.

7 hours ago, Shway said:

@gwsmith63Rangers being in Europa semi finals is massive, but I stopped caring to watch them lonnngggg before he declared he chose club over country and retired when he was needed most! Simply because I knew he was finished with us, while you lot had your hopes, banners and I believe in you Scotty Scot posters.

At the risk of extending this sh*tshow further, WTF is that about????

In your head (when you were compiling such a witty retort) was it in crayon?

Edited by gwsmith63

3 minutes ago, Califax said:

God love this thread. 

Gotta figure we’ll have this thing resolved in a couple more pages. Let’s keep at it. 

Califax, I’ve just seen rediscovered this morning how to ‘Ignore’ or block users so probably resolved a lot quicker than a couple more pages. 

At least from my comments anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Califax said:

God love this thread. 

Gotta figure we’ll have this thing resolved in a couple more pages. Let’s keep at it. 

This will keep getting bumped every time he has a good game.

The only way to shut us up will be to announce our World Cup prep friendlies. Than no one will care anymore 

Just now, Califax said:

I had to google who Thompson was. 
I’ll admit part of that is on me but not really that big a part. 

Let’s be serious shall we?

My exact point. Rationale is completely lost. 
Kone, Fraser, Wotherspoon are active players in the pool....Petrasso, and Thompson were very high odds just throwin to stress that they are more likely than Arfield who retired. 

I don't get how that logic isn't understood? He refused several call-ups, then subsequently retired. 
The guys in currently in the program...have a better chance.... than a guy who's not apart of it. 

How is that not serious?

7 hours ago, Shway said:

This is the song that reminds me of some of you in regard to Arfield….

Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart
My heart

GoodNight 😂

It being Easter you should have gone with the Prodigal Son Song

Just now, narduch said:

This will keep getting bumped every time he has a good game.

The only way to shut us up will be to announce our World Cup prep friendlies. Than no one will care anymore 

You wanna bet?

After Arfield retires from pro soccer completely, we'll have some poster claim that Arfield quit club ball to concentrate on his return to the national team.

The little time he played for us, Scott was great. I really liked and appreciated him. But his last game for the NT was 3 years ago. That's ancient history. And to add to it, he announced his retirement from international play.

Anyone who still thinks there's a chance Arfield is returning to the national team, I'd classify in the Elvis is alive  category.

Just now, narduch said:

We actually don't know the real story. 

This is just Voyageurs forum speculation and innuendo 

You're right, but we can read between the lines no? He denied the Suriname and Haiti callups, and denied the Gold Cup - that we do know!

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Seriously.....Petrasso and Thompson? You know we are talking about 2022, not 2026 eh??  

Kone, Fraser, Wotherspoon are active players in the pool....Petrasso, and Thompson were very high odds just throwin to stress that they are more likely than Arfield who is retired. Done and dusted. 

Those guys have 500-1 odds to make the squad
Arfield has 30000-1

I see Herdman willing to bring those guys over him. Explain your logic on the reverse.