Scott Arfield

We might have got points out of the two we dropped with Arfield on the pitch. Doesn’t help us in the slightest to be gone. Has he ever played anything less than good and necessary for us? I don’t get the loyalty crap. When he’s on the field for us he’s better than good. And this had been true for some time. 

Edited by ECW

6 hours ago, ECW said:

We might have got points out of the two we dropped with Arfield on the pitch. Doesn’t help us in the slightest to be gone. Has he ever played anything less than good and necessary for us? I don’t get the loyalty crap. When he’s on the field for us he’s better than good. And this had been true for some time. 

NOV 15, 2019....that's the last time he played for Canada. The team has moved on and we should as well

There should be some meetings between him and Herdman. They can get on the same page and leave the past/bad blood/issues behind and start fresh. This team needs depth at Midfield, he’s one of most experienced player we had and one of most skilled midfielders we had. Kaye has shown in many games he can’t handle big games and makes stupid decisions, Kone is not ready the Panama game showed that, Hutch is 39 years old but solid, Osorio is a very good player but question marks because he’s never played against The calibre of players they’re going to be up against. Fraser is young you never know what you get. Eustaquio is the real deal. Piette is great defensively but he’s gonna kill us offensively plus he’s a MLS player that’s never been tested. With Arfield he’s played against the best, you know what you get with him. 

We have SO much fire power up top, we need play markers to get them the ball or threats up the middle to take pressure off of them so they can be even more dynamic. 

We have an amazing group of players and I have been a Hater of Herdman for a while but I will say this ! I was wrong and he’s done an amazing job. We can shock the world here, let’s not let pride hold us back. We need the best players available period. Arfield is one of the best we have still playing. Why can’t we be BOLD! 

GO CANADA GO

Edited by SpecialK

4 hours ago, Kadenge said:

NOV 15, 2019....that's the last time he played for Canada. The team has moved on and we should as well

I’m not saying he’s going to return just that he would have made a difference, and it’s a shame (for whatever reason) that he’s not there. I was at the match a few weeks before that, at BMO, the 2-0 win against the US and he was excellent. A pleasure to watch. And our captain. 

With the midfields we are going to see at the World Cup most likely he’d be an asset there. 

Edited by ECW

22 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just to be clear, the thing that prompted all of this was an April Fool’s joke - correct?   

No idea. But our play in midfield suggests it wasn’t a good joke. Or a rather, it was a good one (not sure what makes a good April Fool’s joke)… He fits the profile of our current few veteran players perfectly, Hoilett, Hutch, Vitoria. 

2 hours ago, ECW said:

A trip down memory lane:

Thanks for sharing that again.  Needed to see it.  This was the moment when I started to believe we could actually pull it off.  We had the pieces, but there was such a culture and acceptance of failure until that point that you just expected it.  It all changed that day.

Just so you all know.  No repeat for Scotty and Rangers this campaign.

Arfield came on at the hour.  Looked OK against an on the day hungrier Celtic in what was a must-win for Rangers,  OK doesn't earn silverware 😏  

On 4/2/2022 at 8:45 PM, costarg said:

Thanks for sharing that again.  Needed to see it.  This was the moment when I started to believe we could actually pull it off.  We had the pieces, but there was such a culture and acceptance of failure until that point that you just expected it.  It all changed that day.

Just look at all the empty seats at $20 a ticket, how things have changed in just a few years!

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, gator said:

He completely changed the game around and lead Rangers to a come from behind extra time win, scored a goal and won several key tackles as well as some great passing, no one can tell me he wouldn't be a huge asset to our national team, I am trying to move on!😀

Regardless of the situation with CANMNT, he's still one of our best and would still contribute a great deal to the WC.

I am trying to move on as well.... 

Belgium - Europe

Croatia - Europe

Morocco - Europe of Africa. As someone posted in another thread, Netherlands actually made 2018 WC because Morocco did (sarcasm). 

The reality is, aside from Hutch noone brings that European experience like Arfield in the midfield. Hoilett also can't play full 90mins in the middle.

All the boys are grown men and everyone can move on together for the betterment of the flag, if he makes us better.

Have a few phone calls, invite him to Nations League. See if he comes, see how he plays. 

I personally am not officially closing the door until after Nations League.