Scott Arfield

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

Hutch gets a certain leeway based on who he is, and what he's done. He more than earned the right to chill for a couple of years between cycles to concentrate on club football at his age. Arfield, nor anybody else, at this point, has not earned that sort of leeway. Quit trying to compare the two. They are not the same.

Holy fuck…my gosh guys need to stop comparing guys to Arfields situation. 

Hutch will retire with 100+ caps.
Hoilet will retire with 50+ caps and on of Canadas top assists.
Cavallini will retire being in the top scorers.

Scott will have what? The memory of USA W or how about the title of being named Captain and then bailing when we thought we needed him most. 

He’s no fkn Ziyech, where he would’ve changed our fate because he would be our best player..

There’s so much bias and blinders on is the reason this thread is so alive. 

But I’m tired of guys (the same ones) throwing dirt on our legends when comparing them to him.

Compare him to Bekker, Teibert, Akindele….but even then I have a hard time because their commitment couldn’t be questioned. 

He treated the national team like a club team. 

4 hours ago, Shway said:

Holy fuck…my gosh guys need to stop comparing guys to Arfields situation. 

Hutch will retire with 100+ caps.
Hoilet will retire with 50+ caps and on of Canadas top assists.
Cavallini will retire being in the top scorers.

Scott will have what? The memory of USA W or how about the title of being named Captain and then bailing when we thought we needed him most. 

He’s no fkn Ziyech, where he would’ve changed our fate because he would be our best player..

There’s so much bias and blinders on is the reason this thread is so alive. 

But I’m tired of guys (the same ones) throwing dirt on our legends when comparing them to him.

Compare him to Bekker, Teibert, Akindele….but even then I have a hard time because their commitment couldn’t be questioned. 

He treated the national team like a club team. 

I think Arfield had his chance to get back on the national team earlier this year. He chose to retire, and that was it in Herdman's mind.

If he accepted that call up in January, he would of played in the World Cup.

30 minutes ago, narduch said:

He would either start or come in around the 60 minute mark.

I think it was more necessity due to injury, he, Davis, and McGregor were all to see less minutes this year, injuries happened/they performed. Hagi, and Lawrence are returning from injury soon, also the emergence of Lowry. 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

This thread will never die so long as Arfield is scoring for Rangers, will it?

I actually said I wasn’t gonna post anymore. But when people deputize fence sitters while ragging on Scott, I’ll gladly swing back and gloat when we nabs points at the death. 

A1FA4506-7B05-431F-A20A-6B741B1D1E34.thumb.jpeg.66447671740b877b10d55e42211bdefd.jpeg

Edited by Califax

Yeah...remember when we had a striker in Barclays Premership??  Ahhhhhh what happened? By the time he filtered back down to the championship and then league 1, the scoring touch was gone.  Peaked at 22..23??? That was right about the time Josh Simpson got injured...poof they were both gone......like summer wages. 

3 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

This thread gets my vote for Thread of the Year :D

My vote too!

I remember posting clear, logical and, of course, copious arguments in favour of Arfield from my hospital room way back at snowy easter. Who could have imagined that didn’t settle the debate!