Scott Arfield

6 minutes ago, jordan said:

Man you should take a break from this thread, all it is, is that the league sucks, brotherhood, and players aren’t good enough, it’s laughable

Wait...wtf? 

Clearly that was me wanting Rangers to win....and as a Arsenal fan, I can say that about him. (Which needs no explaining) 
Secondly which players did I say aren't good enough? (I've never said that about Scott)
Thirdly the brotherhood is REAL as its been stated and quoted by the players, and coaches you apparently support, so nothing egregious there, just maybe annoying to hear it repeated by a/the supporters?

I think you're in your feelings after a tough loss.

8 minutes ago, Shway said:

Wait...wtf? 

Clearly that was me wanting Rangers to win....and as a Arsenal fan, I can say that about him. (Which needs no explaining) 
Secondly which players did I say aren't good enough? (I've never said that about Scott)
Thirdly the brotherhood is REAL as its been stated and quoted by the players, and coaches you apparently support, so nothing egregious there, just maybe annoying to hear it repeated by a/the supporters?

I think you're in your feelings after a tough loss.

Nah man I’m good, you only show up at certain times, and usually when anything positive is said about Scott 

edit: sorry also when Liam was at Kilmarnock it got wild too

7 minutes ago, jordan said:

Nah man I’m good, you only show up at certain times, and usually when anything positive is said about Scott 

In your feelings because of the joke, I realized you quoted the wrong reply. I show up when the thread is hot or I'm mentioned to see the same ole talk being brought up, only for me to say the same ole thing. See the trend? 

Anyways it's all not that serious. Like I said have a drink, a nice glass of some Glenfiddich in honour of how far Rangers and the Scott did in the Europa league and cheers to next years journey. 

4 hours ago, Redpunkfiddle said:

Arfield is a former Canadian international, in a major European final. He didn't shoot anybody.

If the CSA retweets Atiba's team after he retires from the MNT I'd be ok.

I wrote as if there’s a reason why they did 😉 

27 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It's too bad for Arfield that he didn't win the final, but in general it would have been nice for Rangers to win, as it's been quite a long time since a team from a smaller league has won a European competition. When was the last time a team outside the top 5 leagues won something? Zenit in the Europa league? 

Shakhtar in the UEFA Cup the year after Zenit, I believe.  2009. 

Porto won it in 2011 but to me Portugal isn’t considered a smaller league. 

In the Champions League/European Cup you have to go all the way back to 1991 when Red Star Belgrade, from a country that no longer exists, won the EC. Again, I don’t consider Portugal and Holland as smaller countries in football terms.  That might just be me though. 

Edited by gwsmith63

19 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

Shakhtar in the UEFA Cup the year after Zenit, I believe.  2009. 

Porto won it in 2011 but to me Portugal isn’t considered a smaller league. 

In the Champions League/European Cup you have to go all the way back to 1991 when Red Star Belgrade, from a country that no longer exists, won the EC. Again, I don’t consider Portugal and Holland as smaller countries in football terms.  That might just be me though. 

Yeah, I think that's fair. Even putting Russia in the "small" category is pushing it. Scotland though is truly a small league. For starters, it's just 11 other teams and none of them (Celtic aside) have a chance at winning, ever. So to make it all the way to the Europa league finals is a massive accomplishments. Rangers fans will be disappointed, but proud.

14 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yeah, I think that's fair. Even putting Russia in the "small" category is pushing it. Scotland though is truly a small league. For starters, it's just 11 other teams and none of them (Celtic aside) have a chance at winning, ever. So to make it all the way to the Europa league finals is a massive accomplishments. Rangers fans will be disappointed, but proud.

Most definitely. I’m thoroughly disappointed and taking it too hard today to be honest but that is what being a fan is all about.

Such a great run though with some magical moments. 

We had to play 16 games from the playoff round onward to get to the Final. That is an incredible achievement. 

Edited by gwsmith63

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I was listening to a commentator here in Spain after the game who said, rightly, that probably most of Glasgow was happy Rangers lost, a slight majority, and probably all of Aberdeen. Which I thought was smart, Aberdeen beating Real Madrid in 83 in the Cup Winners Cupwith an interesting fellow on their bench, the future Sir Alex. 

The logic being if you are from Aberdeen your club still has more European silverware than Rangers. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I was listening to a commentator here in Spain after the game who said, rightly, that probably most of Glasgow was happy Rangers lost, a slight majority, and probably all of Aberdeen. Which I thought was smart, Aberdeen beating Real Madrid in 83 in the Cup Winners Cupwith an interesting fellow on their bench, the future Sir Alex. 

The logic being if you are from Aberdeen your club still has more European silverware than Rangers. 

Probably.....

6 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I have a gut feeling we will see him back. Rollins tweeted out , sort it out. Plus the tweet from the CSA. 

What's in the CSA tweet to get excited about? Didn't they just say "former" CMNT captain? How is that an indication? 

Would absolutely love him back in the fold, but I don't see it. He's done.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

What's in the CSA tweet to get excited about? Didn't they just say "former" CMNT captain? How is that an indication? 

Would absolutely love him back in the fold, but I don't see it. He's done.

They haven’t really tweeted about him before after his “ retirement announcement” so why now? 🤔